• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the difference between Fuse and Fuse + lenses, please?

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
Can anybody elucidate me on the difference between Fuse and Fuse + lenses: is it to do with the reflectiveness of the lenses(thicker coating perhaps), thank you.

If memory serves right Fuse+ supposedly adopts the Zeiss standards and processes for coating.

Not to crap on them at the same time, but unless something changed, QC for their cuts is questionable in my experience. Revant HC3, and Walleva Mr. Shield, are above in overall execution imo.

If memory serves right Fuse+ supposedly adopts the Zeiss standards and processes for coating.

Not to crap on them at the same time, but unless something changed, QC for their cuts is questionable in my experience. Revant HC3, and Walleva Mr. Shield, are above in overall execution imo.

Thank you, @Ventruck.

Not to crap on them at the same time, but unless something changed, QC for their cuts is questionable in my experience.
My experience has been that Fuse gives you the option of sending them your frames when you order lenses.
I have given Fuse my frames every time I have ordered their lenses, and their lenses always fit perfectly.

Last edited:
My experience has been that Fuse gives you the option of sending them your frames when you order lenses.
I have given Fuse my frames every time I have ordered their lenses, and their lenses always fit perfectly.

In my scenario I didn't think it was necessary, especially since the other brands don't need it. Figured with their existing array of Jawbone lenses available, they'd also have proper cuts ready.

I know I never post but I just wanted to give some credit to Fuse. They did my RX lenses and they were the absolute best. They are local to me so I went in to get the progressive lenses fit. I met the owner and a few of the employees. Really great people and they really know thier stuff. They explained the process and went out of thier way to talk about thier production facility and how it compares to others, thier history, what options are good and which are a rip off, etc. The lense fitment was brought up and they told me that they always recommend sending (or bringing in my case) the frames in and they can custom fit them perfectly. It doesnt cost any extra either so seems worth it. And I really like being able to support a local business.

My regular clear lenses were perfect. My sunglasses felt a little off but I had never had prescription sunglasses so I thought that I just needed to get used to them. After about a month I still kept seeing some weird abstracts in some conditions. I figured it might have been because I didn't order the anti glare coating on the inside of the sunglasses. I went in to ask about having them redone. Before I even asked they offered to redo the lenses at no charge and they did the anti glare coating for no cost just to be sure. When I got them back they were perfect too.

I will order all my lenses from them from now on. They were much easier to work with than any eyeglass store I have ever been to. I felt the prices were more than fair and the service was much better. No surprises no hidden charges and I never felt ripped off. I have recommended them many times.

Yeah, their website had a nice description on the differences. One think to note is that I am not a fan of a coating they put on the inside of the lenses. I think it is an AR coating which has a purple shade. It is very noticeable in my vision on a pair of XS's that I have since the XS's have larger lenses. I have a pair in my Juliets and haven't noticed that same issue.

Back