• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

You'd prefer electric over the other options?
Seems like the best option for being gone 12+ hours at a time needing minimal fuss while I'm not home. I think. Idk that's why I haven't bought one. So many damn projects going on....

I have yet to sign up for Amazon Prime. I just get the $35 minimum and hope it comes on Saturday lol... I've had some orders arrive on Sunday, though. No big deal for me. If I want it fast, I just pay.

When your order is coming via UPS Ground from the opposite side of the country :cry: I wouldn't have minded USPS, I would have received it by Saturday.

I got that same pain on the other side of the country Almost everything I order outside of Oakley HQ and Arts is like watching ice melt. Seems regardless of pretty much any day, standard shipping from out of state inevitably gets held up an extra day or two by the upcoming Sunday. And then of course the whole "It's literally just 20 minutes away, why must I wait another day?"

2-3/expedited day options can be huge bull**** too. Not the strictly "2 day" like Amazon (that has never failed me), but that middle option never pans out like I hope at other retailers. I never forked over for 1-day. No way am I gonna take my chances on another $20-$40 unless it was a very pricey item.

Not to turn this into a rant, but I just revisited using an overseas retailer because I had act on short notice (and I was saving ~$100). Tracked shipping doesn't do a thing, although this place hasn't actually failed me yet. I just know that closing in on holidays it could take a damn while.

But in all, I gotta respect the mail system. Billions of people, sending stuff back and forth, and I'm sure most of it makes it to the other end...it's a delicate and intricate system on a scale I couldn't fathom to create or upkeep if it didn't exist already. It's just package care that I could rightfully get mad at. Otherwise, I'm pleased my stuff always comes one way or another..

Back