• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

Got hooked on Oakleys years ago. Always had headaches when wearing sunglasses and Oakley fixed that so never looked back. First pair was a Sub Zero 4 Blue Iridium. Unfortunately, they didn't last which had something to do with a 40 lbs backpack dropping on them... Ended up getting the Re: Sub Zero Sapphire a few weeks ago... not the same but still cool (why no ear socks though!? I am sure the original had thin ones...). Will be more careful this time around... they will probably sit in the box most of the time anyway. I think they look cool (at least in my mind...) but my kids think it just looks plain weird (I guess I am too old...).

1983 razor blades
20230405_165927.jpg

Last edited:
My first pair was a pair of Polished black Monster Dog, that was in 2000, Thanks to Punk subculture, at that time i need sunglass to match my outfit and cover my eyes under hot sun in Asia hahah. The pair that really started my hobby is Juliet, small collection at moment, 2 juliet, 1 Mars, 1 Tribal MD.

Radar EV 2015 edition. A random guy let me try them on. It was custom made red frame with black lenses. I got one later when I was less broke. I really must state people who wear Oakleys really want people to try them on. I have yet to find have someone do the same for Raybans or Gucci.

20230304_222240.jpg

20230304_222322.jpg

Razor Blades in 1986/87. A friend who was a surfer/skater gave his slightly scratched ones away to me when he got a new pair. They were taken away from me a year later and I never got my hands on another pair as the were very expensive in Brazil back at that time (and may still today).

my first oakley eye wear was 78-79 motorcycle goggles, blue I think, with a multi color striped strap. my first sunglasses were a red pair of factory pilots in 85 or 86. I think they were the first sunglasses oakly made huge! looked alot like a pair of goggles with ear hangers. then I had big square wires and razor blades. then i got some awires and awire 2.0 . I had a m frame set. and just recently had fuse make polarized ice iridium prescription lenses for a vintage set of A wire 2.os

Latest Posts

Back