• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would be your conditions of trade for these Display Cases?

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hi there!

I'm asking for some advice about swapping/trading a tower case with someone interstate, please.

They're looking for a single wide vintage aluminium tower. I have one, but I had it polished, so I think it's worth a lot more than a standard case.

They have a standard black double wide Mega 3.0 or 3.1 to trade (he's asking AUD$800 = USD$600)

I wouldn't mind getting a bit of extra space, but I do like my polished tower case!

To complicate matters, it will cost roughly AUD$300-350 each way in terms of transportation.

My gut feeling is NOT to do it because the aluminium tower is rare, and to find a polished one is next to impossible.

Do you agree? But if you did do a trade, what would be your conditions?

What changeover price (if any) do you think is reasonable if I were to complete this trade?

(Obviously, we are trading just the tower cases, and not the sunglasses contained within!)

This is the tower I'd be receiving. All lights, shelves and locks are intact.
$_20.JPG

And this is my tower I would be sending. Has working locks, is polished and I've installed an LED downlight.
IMG_5653.JPG
IMG_5654.JPG

Last edited:
Don't trade.

Buy that one !
Sorry, I should have included the price. They're asking AUD$800, so with AUD$300 transportation, it would be really way more than it's worth. The trouble is, in 3 years of looking, I've never seen one of these come up for sale in Australia. It's possible, I could get it for a little cheaper, but I think they won't budge too much.

Sorry, I should have included the price. They're asking $800, so with $300 trade, it would be really way more than it's worth. The trouble is, in 3 years of looking, I've never seen one of these come up for sale in Australia. It's possible, I could get it for a little cheaper, but I think they won't budge too much.
He's out of his mind for $800 I believe

Just remember because u customize a case and Polish it doesn't mean it goes up in value. Look at the polished R1s

Sent from: Outer Space

He's out of his mind for $800 I believe
That's true, but if you really want one in Australia, they're like hen's teeth, so it's hard to know what they're really worth. I've bought an opthalmic RX case for as little as AUD$150 and Mega Towers for $600-700 shipped.

Polished altered the oem finish so to me it isn't worth as much. The 3.1 to me is a nicer setup

Sent from: Outer Space
Thanks for that. I realise it won't be to everyone's taste, particularly a genuine enthusiast! But to me, I like the look of it and it did cost a bit to have it done!

Cacat, I'm with @Dallas O Hog on this one. If you can do it yourself...it's no longer "Rare". Discounting the exchange and shipping rates, I'd rather have the space!

But keep your polished single...just buy the 3.1!

Latest Posts

Back