• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats in your daily Kitchen Sink??

that's Leatherman MUT EOD and honestly use only for beer opener and fixing my kids toy

I got my technician coming with me so he do mostly the tools part
Dang... I remember looking into those but could have sworn it was the Gerber... I feel sheepish:unsure:

I like that charging system. I had a battery backup for my iPhone 4, and it was expensive for what it was. I used it once and it stopped working.

Also, for Rays-
That's a decent sized knife for daily carry. Do you use it much? Any reason you don't carry a smaller folder?

What's the green thing in the upper right and white thing in the lower right?

I packed my KS this afternoon for my NC trip. It could fit everything for a 4 day stay....but it did not leave me with any room to take anything back with me. It certainly is a large bag....much larger than I thought. I am sure I will be happy with it.

I packed my KS this afternoon for my NC trip. It could fit everything for a 4 day stay....but it did not leave me with any room to take anything back with me. It certainly is a large bag....much larger than I thought. I am sure I will be happy with it.

Yeah I saw you and snapped a pic; never saw a KS that stuffed before...

full-oakley-kitchen-sink-backpack.jpg

BTW wow you've been working out... :D

That's a Kitchen Sink, not the new bigger one? Dang, that IS big. But that's not what she said. She was well informed prior.

Yeah, KS not the new Big Kitchen. BK looks a bit different, most noticeably the additional upper side compartments:

big kitchen.png

But actually that earlier pic was just a random internet photo - OakleyFrank mentioned a red KS in another thread and I googled some pics, ran across that one and it made me think of del's post... :D

I don't currently have a kitchen sink and I can't remember the name of the Oakley pack I do have. I currently use a 5.11 Rush 24 as my everyday work pack and lots of the gear I have in it has already been mentioned such as

-First Aid Kit (includes OTC pain killers)
-Duct Tape
-Multitool (I currently use my Leatherman Charge TTi the most)
-Flashlight
-Radio

Rustpot's tip on the Duct tape is a good one and something i've done for a long time

DSC_3519.jpg

But a couple of things that I carry haven't been mentioned are (now these are things I carry because once away from my vehicle i'm generally away for the rest of the day so need everything with me)

-Goal Zero Nomad 7 with Guide 10+ (this allows me to keep everything charged either by the solar panel or the guide 10 if sunlight isn't available (also allows me to recharge the AA's that things like my flashlight use too. This was originally just as a backup but found I use this more often than I originally thought I would

DSC_3486.jpg

DSC_3504.jpg

I can even clip it to the outside of my pack to charge things on the move

DSC_3511.jpg

I also carry a 5.11 Sabre 2.0 jacket it can be used to provide a little bit of warmth but also doubles as my rain gear. It also has a few nice features that can be employed quickly to provide access to certain items or even just to allow a bit of ventilation.

1_10308370.jpg

Nice. I was using power monkey traveller back then.

20150111_191017_zpsc6b69fb5.jpg]

Mine is empty. Just got it for Christmas. I wanted one for awhile and this was on sale plus F&F. My wife just can't pass up a sale and she got me the assault boots too.

Latest Posts

Back