• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's Ur sports teams?

And then Ballmer buying the Clippers for $2 billion; I wonder how long it'll take to get an ROI on that one? I mean, sure, the team likely generates millions every year, but how much of that is profit? And $2 billion is $2000 million; that's a lot of millions to earn back... Usually a good ROI target is two years, but I don't see it here...

One thing that will help is the Clippers lease with the Staples Center. Their rent is only 1.5 million per year. Though in total it will take a while to turn a profit on a $2 billion investment.

And then Ballmer buying the Clippers for $2 billion; I wonder how long it'll take to get an ROI on that one? I mean, sure, the team likely generates millions every year, but how much of that is profit? And $2 billion is $2000 million; that's a lot of millions to earn back... Usually a good ROI target is two years, but I don't see it here...
The NBA is working on their new TV deal that will be way into the Billions. With the direction the league is heading he will be fine.

Most stupid rich people do not buy sports teams to make crazy profits. Their are only a few teams that are profitable.

To own a sports franchise is all about ego and being able to say I own that team. Plus sit at center court!!!

Most stupid rich people do not buy sports teams to make crazy profits. Their are only a few teams that are profitable. To own a sports franchise is all about ego and being able to say I own that team. Plus sit at center court!!!

Perhaps you're right... but at the same time they didn't get that rich by throwing billions at loser investments...

But you remind me of a couple of quotes...

The difference between rich and F-you rich:
When you can live off the interest earned by your $$, you're rich. When you can live off the interest of the interest, you're F-you rich...

And from a Chris Rock bit, goes something like:
The difference between rich and wealthy? Those sport stars making millions of dollars, decked out in bling and cars and women? They're rich. The people who sign their paychecks? They're wealthy...

yeah......

the way the last 15 games have gone, sports radio here in town is already discussing top QB picks for next year's draft HAHAHA !!!!

Even if they don't get the 1st pick, they're likely to take a QB in the first round anyway. And there should be enough good options in next year's draft to still have one available by the time it gets to be their turn, assuming they don't trade away their 1st round pick...

And Winston's a great choice, IMO. The jury is still out on how Manziel will work out in the NFL but my guess is he'll flop and / or get injured, if not the first season than the second. He's a decent passer but too much a "one read and roll" kinda guy, he can learn differently but it's against his instincts, and then he tries to run for yardage. He did ok in that preseason game but eventually he'll get crushed; you gotta stay in the pocket and go through your reads when you play with the big boys.

In contrast, Winston is also a great passer but he doesn't leave the pocket as easily. And when he does, he's more prone to stay mobile long enough for someone to get open and then pass it instead of trying to gain yardage with his legs. I think that's a better NFL fit.

And anyway, Winston desperately needs to get paid - it'll keep him from having to shoplift crab legs and butter. And he would be able to pay for hos instead of raping people...:D

And anyway, Winston desperately needs to get paid - it'll keep him from having to shoplift crab legs and butter. And he would be able to pay for hos instead of raping people...

I bet he rapes hos that clap while they talk...

also known as "ratchet bitches".....

Favorite sports teams? I'm a college football fan, Nebraska Cornhuskers all the way! I just can't get into pro football as hard as I try, but I do watch once the playoffs start.

Jadaveon Clowney will probably end up killing someone this year...

just sayin.....

Back