• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where The Millionaires At?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
Guess I'm just blowing off some steam while the wife grills the skirt steak ...

Just wondering how all you feel about this ...

I'm amazed at some of the prices that some folks are willing to pay for a pair of Frogskins.

While I realize that this is a hobby (addiction perhaps?) for most of us, I can't seem to justify paying over a certain dollar amount for a pair of frogs, no matter how badly I want them.

I mean, word on this forum is that a pair of frogs cost about 12 bucks to make (not sure how accurate this is.)

So it floors me when I see folks paying 600, 800, or over 1,000 dollars ... for a pair of plastic shades!

I have about 15 pairs of frogs and the most I paid was $300.00 for a pair of neon yellows - and even that was a bit painful and hard to justify.

Maybe I'm just a working stiff with a family and mortgage.

Maybe I'm just cheap.

I dunno - I guess if you got the cash why not?

Just wondering if I'm the only cheapo on this forum ...

Do you have a maximum amount that you'd be willing to spend on a pair of frogs?

Peace ...

I feel the same way about o matter frames.

I'd have no problem paying that much for x metals tho. They just seem worth it

Im in the same boat. Im not really mad about it, I just can't justify spending that to myself (or the wife). But if people are willing to do that, good for them. One thing I've learned from record collecting, if you are patient enough, you can find the occasional steal that makes it all worth it.

i guess if you have the money for it and dont care, go for it. most of us pay bills and are not milionaires (we wish though) :)

I have about 30 pairs now and the only sets Ive paid 300 or over for are my SW Blue chrome, Supreme golds and STPL's. Everything else has been under 250 a pair. I wont pay 300 or more for 1 of 3000 pairs.
But to each their own, it is just a hobby at the end of the day...easier said then done sometimes lol.

well, i for one, have paid more than 300 for a pair of Frogs, maybe even more at times. it all depends what the pair is worth to you i guess. i spent top dollar for a 1/50, unique Andrew Petterson Frog to complete the Artist Series a couple of years ago, and to me, it was worth it. =)

all down to individual interest and personal preference and budget control i guess.

Translation - Jono's the millionaire ... :cool:

well, i for one, have paid more than 300 for a pair of Frogs, maybe even more at times. it all depends what the pair is worth to you i guess. i spent top dollar for a 1/50, unique Andrew Petterson Frog to complete the Artist Series a couple of years ago, and to me, it was worth it. =)

all down to individual interest and personal preference and budget control i guess.

qtrain already posted the right point

- They just seem worth it -

doesn't matter which material!!

Honestly I find the Frogskins market to be ridiculous. They hold a value for almost no reason IMO.

Oakley should've stopped making these in the 80's because IMO they don't fit in with the image of the company brought in from the 90's and 00's.

Honestly I find the Frogskins market to be ridiculous. They hold a value for almost no reason IMO.

Oakley should've stopped making these in the 80's because IMO they don't fit in with the image of the company brought in from the 90's and 00's.

Ouch!

Latest Posts

Back