• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where were you 20 years ago today, September 11 ?

Tom.

Europe
I clearly remember, my mom and i were visiting my grandma in her house, my granddad died a few years prior...... well, it was in the afternoon and i had been out riding my mountain bike in the forests, which were 20 kilometers from my grandma house, so i was real tired, my mom walked up to the nearest pizzeria to get us all something to eat, there actually was a real Italian guy making the pizzas and pasta in that place LOL, not just Arabs with Italian flags in the windows, which otherwise is the case 99% of the times here......😄...

anyway i digress, while my mom was away i turned on the TV and there was those live feeds from NY........ while i got pretty upset, my grandma took no notice of it. Took a lot more to rattle her, her husband, my grandpa, was a ambulance driver when we were occupied by the Germans. So it would take more to get her nervous than something that was happening on TV in country far away........ RIP grandma and grandpa. 🙏 and to the victims of 9/11 as well

8 something am I was in 7th grade sitting in history class and the librarian cam into the classroom and said a plane hit the tower, then another plane hit the second tower around like 10ish then school basically stopped and every classroom had a TV in it after that.

Us people in Hawaii are behind the east coast by 5-6 hours. The collapse of both towers happened before I even woke up. I got up, and was getting ready for work, and I had the TV on with no sound (family is asleep). My regular program was interrupted, but I didn't realize it till I saw images of the collapsing towers. It took many seconds to comprehend that I was watching the news and wasn't watching a movie. I finally turned up the sound to find out that we had been attacked. I was late for work that morning.

Woke up and strolled into my living room. I took a glance at the TV and saw smoke and fire. I asked my girl what movie she was watching and she told me that it was live in New York. I started calling all of my homies to make sure they were okay. I knew a lot of people that lived very close. Worst feeling ever.

I woke up from a 24hr shift stuck tv on for breakfast around 1:30pm half asleep. Saw the live news on the first crash then the 2nd happened. No words can describe that afternoon. R.I.P.

Similar(ish) for me @Spc369 i was on an afternoon shift. As i went into work which with the time difference it was iirc been in progress about an hour (A terrible fateful day & shocked to only just learn that another 4000 people have passed away subsequently from the toxic dust)

A heinous Cowardly act of unthinkable magnitude.

RIP & condolences to those directly & indirectly affected.

Cutting #15 fairway @ Beckett Ridge Country Club. A member (Mr. Stevens) who lived on 14 came out in his personal cart waving me down and said that the USA is under attack.

Getting out of the shower at my inlaws. Took a look at the tv, thought they were replying the first wtc bombing attack, saw the live heading and then the second plane hit. Went upstairs and told my wife and inlaws we need to stop my daughter from watching sponge bob, there is something going on in NY.

My inlaws live close to Dayton. Even though commercial flights were grounded we heard a LOT of military taking off from Wright-Patterson….

Back