• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which X-Metal XX To Obtain?

reginacarmelitas

Oakley Beginner
East Coast
Hey guys. I'm saving up to be able to purchase my very first X-Metal XX. However, I have 2 questions:

1. What would be a good price range on Ebay? I only want the frames in very good condition, preferably mint. Or if the lenses are scratched what would be the highest bid acceptable (knowing that a new XX lens would be about $100)? I don't even need the original box.

2. What color frame to get? I heard the 24K gold frame is hard to maintain and no one as of yet can do a refinish for this color.

Thanks in advance. Any other tips would be highly appreciated.

1. For what you're looking for I'd say anything less than $500 would be a good deal. If you don't mind the lenses being scratched I'd say less than $400 would be what you're looking to pay but who knows keep your eyes out and you may get lucky. Seen some pretty good ones go for in the low to mid $300's.

2. As far as maintaining them, yes the gold does wear over time especially around the tip of the earstems and as far as I know there's no way to have them refinished. If you plan on wearing them a lot I'd probably go for the x metal or tio2 with the black iridium lenses. If you want to look more flashy and make heads turn go for the XX 24K. Also I've actually seen more pairs of the 24K being sold on ebay lately and some are going for pretty good prices. Prices between the models don't seem to vary much on ebay.

There is no "bad" XMXX to get IMHO.....the Plasma I believe to be the hardest to find....oem lenses are hard to find but new ones can be cut.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have the enough cash for this right now, but will actively pursue this in the coming weeks. Had just purchased my very first R1 two weeks ago.

Yea they're all amazing, cheapest is most likely x metal finish followed by ti02/24k and then plasma. EBay prices are climbing for the x metal finish lately and the 24k varies from cheap to hilariously high along with the ti02. And,well, good luck finding a plasma.

Back