• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White = Douche?

i have to agree, i look like a total tool bag when i wear my white oil rigs (t-pain edition) but they fit my face the best, and i found out that girls like them on me, so ill keep wearing them!

but the answer to the question is yes, i can admit that i look like a total douche when i wear them!

12 views and no reply, I'll try my hand at this. I guess it has to do with white sunglasses being feminine and that men should avoid wearing white frames at all costs...that's my take. Honestly I don't wear white regardless of the whole douche thing. I just don't like white glasses. I see men wearing white gascan's and fuel cell's, also saw woman wearing white oakley's.

I'd say it has more do with the 'Orange County' look. Flat brimmers and sleeve tat uniforms. Here in Aus, there is a similar group disparagingly referred to as bogans that have adopted elements of the OC look (motor sports/motocross are extremely popular within that group) but also crossover into surf culture. Predominately white males. Working class background. Many of them earning good coin though as they tend to work in Trades (building industry, mining sector). At least here in Aus, it's not considered effeminate to wear white frame shades. You probably should expect trouble for voicing an opinion like that to a tradie.

I'd wear that frame colour but it would depend on the frames.

It isn't that color of your frames (Oakley or otherwise) that make you a douche, it's the fact that your are an *******...

White Hijinx, fire iridium, Batwolf striped icons
White jawbones, (white and red jaws and ear socks) grey iridium, + photochromic

Last edited by a moderator:
If wearing white frames makes you a douche, consider me a shiney douche with my White Chrome/+Red SJ2's! lol :cool:

1a541e90.jpg

It's not that white= douche. It's that douche=white. In summary not all people that wear white glasses are douches, but all douches
usually wear white glasses. ( that logic can also be applied to ponytails, affliction shirts Ect, Ect.)

Back