• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wiretap OO4071-05 right arm broken

shdwknt

Oakley Beginner
Due to the sale/trade thread rules i cant post in there, but my right arm on my black wire taps broke at the hinge and im looking to replace it.. anyone have parts available that they would be willing to sell? Its time I get them fixed - they have been in my case for over 2 years and not yet repaired.

Thanks

I had a broken hinge on my x metals.. I had to buy a broken pair and replace the parts that way.. im assuming I will have to do the same here.. buy a pair with the left arm broken.. and take the parts I need from the right side and swap them

I had a broken hinge on my x metals.. I had to buy a broken pair and replace the parts that way.. im assuming I will have to do the same here.. buy a pair with the left arm broken.. and take the parts I need from the right side and swap them

Think I saw a frame only on ebay for like $46 from oakleyxmetal, if I remember correctly. Great seller and I've bought several of his items and never been disappointed. Could try that?

667BCA3E-C1F6-496D-AE95-58734A75DB26.jpeg
@shdwknt my wiretap hinge had snapped on me also. For me it was the left arm hinge.

At this time I have not. Two possible solutions have presented themselves - I have been offered a credit through Luxottica towards another pair, but I really do not want to go that route. The other is through a company called framefixers.com which machines the castings and installs a larger spring in the frame. The cost is $150 for one side/$295 for both.

At this time I have not. Two possible solutions have presented themselves - I have been offered a credit through Luxottica towards another pair, but I really do not want to go that route. The other is through a company called framefixers.com which machines the castings and installs a larger spring in the frame. The cost is $150 for one side/$295 for both.
Strange. I receive a reply from Oakley or Luxottica this morning offering to repair out of warranty for £99
Glasses have just been shipped to Italy. Better option as I don’t like anything currently for sale
If you decide to go for a new pair let me know as I will buy your broken pair/lenses off you
Hope you get it sorted

Back