• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Won these on Ebay auction last night

nlp626

Oakley Beginner
Won these on Ebay last night for £300/$380, think I may have overpaid by £25 or so but I wanted the vault really. Not great light in the pictures but they look like plasma frames with Ice lenses.

Bit of confusion over the vintage, seller claims to have bought them in ~2001, however there is no serial number. They were refurbed in 2015 with an Oakley approved agent. I am wondering whether the guy is just misremembering and actually bought them in 2007, unlikely. Or whether they were swapped out for some unserialised ones during the refurb. The guy does state that the left arm feel different to the right arm so perhaps someone had filed it away, which is a lot of effort for no gain, plus no obvious damage on the arm.

So with removing the vault I probably paid £200 - £220 ($250- $280) for them, which may be a bit high. What do you guys think?

The lack of serial number only came out on the last day of the auction, so a lot of the previous bids were based on the serialised frames, I could have pulled out but like I said I wanted the vault. These will be my second pair to go with my 1st Gen X-metal Rubys, so a nice little compare and contrast, though there are cheaper ways to do that admittedly!

Front.PNG

Side.PNG

Vault.PNG

Left arm.PNG

They could be Titanium colourway, but without any Serial, it's too difficult to define which colourway by pictures alone. Before some 'wise-guy:grin:', pipes in: that's excluding the X-Metal, Carbon, Polished, TiO2 and Brown colourways of course!!!

They could be Titanium colourway, but without any Serial, it's too difficult to define which colourway by pictures alone. Before some 'wise-guy:grin:', pipes in: that's excluding the X-Metal, Carbon, Polished, TiO2 and Brown colourways of course!!!
Good shout, hadn’t considered titanium and look more like that now you’ve said. Anyway, will find out more when they arrive, hopefully before Christmas.

Back