• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would you dare try to do The Ozaki 8.

Sir Clifden

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Ozaki 8 or The Eight Ordeals is a mission for the purity of body and soul and devotion to earth in living or death of these Ordeals. Also a spiritual enlightenment if you will. Take from the earth and give back more than you take even in death.

Your always giving back to the earth for providing you with the proper Line you find and take and commit too no matter what happens.

Ordeal
1. Emerging Force.
Kayaking through a river of dangerous rapids.

2. Birth of Sky. Base Jumping off highest point of one of the tallest mountains.

3. Awakening Earth. Sky to earth BASE jump or sky to earth transition if you will.

4. Life of Water. Basically surfing very tall rare waves.

5. Life of Wind. Simply wing suit flight.

6. Life of Ice. Snowboarding unridden trail/Line

7. Mastery of Six Lives. Climb a cliff face with no gear.

8. Act of Ultimate Trust. Not really known for this is different for everyone in the moment. It’s when an act of trust from you has been given and someone has taken it.

Update Provided by FrogSkins.
9. Act of Ultimate Trust II.
Send a frame to Dr Chop for customization

To achieve one goal is being dedicated to one Exosport alone. To achieve all goals is next to impossible. Even Ozaki himself died while trying to complete the eight. Ozaki was trying to complete the fourth Ordeal Life of Water. He was trying to give back to the earth by saving a whale a whaling ship turned and hit his boat head on killing him instantly. Only one survivor lived on from that wreck.

Extreme Sports is known for many different types some of which is what’s done in the Ordeals. Most Poly Extreme Athletes Devote to perfecting one sport, Biking, Sking, Base Jumping etc. Some Great ExoSport Poly Athletes have died while doing some of these extreme sports.

How many Ordeals do you think you could complete? Better yet, How many Ordeals would you dare to try?

Last edited:
My personal opinion.

I believe one can do these 8 not by being so extreme as these. For example. One can Kayak through a river with rapids at level of 2 or 3 which slight to moderate danger but not as severe as a level 4 to 5 class rapid. One could do this it would still be just as rewarding as say doing it the most the extreme way. Also, one can snowboard an unridden trail by being given direction to a safe area that’s not near as dangerous. Also, one could jump off say the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas true you have a cable braking you slowing you down the 855ft drop, even vase jumping you have a parachute. (I have jumped off the Stratosphere Tower twice, once during the day and the other during the night). I found that jump very rewarding and I did give back to the earth afterwards by planting trees.

I don’t know I still see this being achieved which doing a little bit easier it’s still hard especially since I’ve never rocked climbed, snowboarded, wingsuit flight and surfed. You would still achieve same adrenaline rush either way and would still find it rewarding as a self achievement goal.

Last edited:
@Poeman4179 have you seen the remake of the Point Break movie ?? The new one not the one whith Keanu Reeves in it , there they talk about the Ozaki 8, and how the "Bad Guys" were doing the Ozaki 8 ordeals

@Poeman4179 have you seen the remake of the Point Break movie ?? The new one not the one whith Keanu Reeves in it , there they talk about the Ozaki 8, and how the "Bad Guys" were doing the Ozaki 8 ordeals
Yes I have seen it and it’s my favorite point break. Before I made the post I got through watching it for the millionth time lol.

Back