• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal regrets.

@Slojack posted a crater for sale a couple weeks ago and I missed it. Lol.
This one? It's really nice
ad4f6587fa39713b5f1cfcc46fab39b2.jpg

Just in general not buying more mars, mars craters and mars Jordan's like 5 or 6 years ago. They couldn't be given away for some reason. I recall much earlier than that too.. Seeing ones at the O store in Vaughn mills for like 70 bucks on the discount rack. I should have taken a photo. Even the Jordan's were sitting there not selling at those prices..

I bought my first crater a couple years back when I randomly got interested in them. They were much cheaper then even. I think I paid like 350 for it in decent shape and it had sat around for a bit.. now jesus I sold a hammer stem polished crater 6 weeks ago for 750 and they went in minutes..

I picked up my crater on the bay “buy it now” about 5 minutes after it listed. Right place and time that day.

Don’t regret it one bit. Responding to Soulfulfrogs post. Just didn’t quote it.

I think about how I owned pretty low serials of both the 24k frames that I'd acquired for retail....then sold them for about break even prices. I don't know....I prefer my copper XS custom over the 24k finish so it's probably more about how they're so valued now than about my want to actually have them.

MY biggest regret hasn't actually been a metal...its been the Tron PB....twice. Learned my lesson the 3rd time...have a complete set with the original lenses and correct base curve custom DWP and Ice Polarized.......I'd have to be desperate as f*** to unload that set.