• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Replacement?What Will It Be?

Today I was doing some inventory of Juliet rubber nose pieces and noticed that Oakley had sent me 2 small left nose pieces instead of one of each. I called Customer Care and two right pieces are now on the way.

While on the phone I asked the guy what was going to happen to the X-metal line. He didn't know anything officially, but said the rumors were that they would be cutting edge technology just as the X-metals were long ago. He also said he had heard that they would be lighter and stronger. Rumor also has it that they don't know where they will be made yet, but its not supposed to be China. The only country he had heard mentioned as a possibility was Germany. This could all be crap, but that is what he said he had heard.

Today I was doing some inventory of Juliet rubber nose pieces and noticed that Oakley had sent me 2 small left nose pieces instead of one of each. I called Customer Care and two right pieces are now on the way.

While on the phone I asked the guy what was going to happen to the X-metal line. He didn't know anything officially, but said the rumors were that they would be cutting edge technology just as the X-metals were long ago. He also said he had heard that they would be lighter and stronger. Rumor also has it that they don't know where they will be made yet, but its not supposed to be China. The only country he had heard mentioned as a possibility was Germany. This could all be crap, but that is what he said he had heard.
Germany? Their industries are pretty specialized, but their economy is in the tank and manufacturing costs more than in the USA.

Germany? Their industries are pretty specialized, but their economy is in the tank and manufacturing costs more than in the USA.

He said the rumor was that they were looking for a country that had the technological capabilities to produce them. He kept saying they were suppose to be cutting edge. He sounded really excited.

Latest Posts

Back