• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

So very early models don't have a s/n? I've had mine, with Rx lenses, since the early 2000s and I don't seem to have any s/n on the left stem.
juliet.jpg

I had these on eBay in July 2006.

R/x might be different. I remember faintly seeing something to that effect.

Last edited:
So very early models don't have a s/n? I've had mine, with Rx lenses, since the early 2000s and I don't seem to have any s/n on the left stem.
View attachment 520621

I had these on eBay in July 2006.
No, it’s actually relatively late ones that don’t have anything on the stem (what we call fourth gen). X-metal finish serials aren’t normally culprits for wearing off either - are you sure there’s nothing on the left stem?

Yeah, special order through my optometrist with Oakley Rx lenses. Back then, they didn't send the OEM lenses with the Rx so I never had 'normal' lenses in them.

Yeah, special order through my optometrist with Oakley Rx lenses. Back then, they didn't send the OEM lenses with the Rx so I never had 'normal' lenses in them.
I’d say that was it then - there’s not a serial to indicate prescription. Nice pair!

Latest Posts

Back