• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X squared lenses

That is a bit steep. 104 USD delivered to me including tax.
Theres a term I go by. You cant put lipstick on a pig. Its still a pig

If you want the real thing, you will have to pay for it. Theres really no way around it mate. You might as well buckle up and drop an extra $30 for OEM original custom cuts @Chris A Hardaway or spend a little more and get original cuts from factory. People still sell them from time to time.

If you want to go aftermarket, go for it. Just wont provide the same optics as you are used to. Completely up to you.

What do you think of the Fusedlenses "Fused Pro"?
I can get a pair of those for 80 USD including "Asendia DDP Duties & Taxes" - Don't know if that means no import fees?

If you need x squared lense and OEM it will be hard. But you can get oakley lenses and than to have them custom cut. Find some good optician and they can do it for you if you bring frame and the original lens. And if your are in EU just go to oakley.com, search for straightlink replacement lens and get any of those lenses, straigthlink has the same BC as XS. Right now they have a 50% on some lenses like 24k Iridium Polarized so you can buy them for 55euros :). You will most probably get free shipping. Your optician would probably charge between 10-40euro. Mine does it for 10 :). You might even have the etching on the lenses saved.
Sounds interesting, however I haven't been able to find a optician that offers this service.
Can you recommend one within the EU?

Theres a term I go by. You cant put lipstick on a pig. Its still a pig

If you want the real thing, you will have to pay for it. Theres really no way around it mate. You might as well buckle up and drop an extra $30 for OEM original custom cuts @Chris A Hardaway or spend a little more and get original cuts from factory. People still sell them from time to time.

If you want to go aftermarket, go for it. Just wont provide the same optics as you are used to. Completely up to you.
Agreed. Stay away from aftermarket. Completely worth spending a little more for the real thing.

OEM lenses are still out there I sold my last extra set a few weeks ago for $80. Someone can probably hook you up.

Just so I'm sure I get it:
OEM means either made by Oakley for the specific model or made from a original Oakley lens, cut from another model like the Straightlinks?
So Linegear is made from original Oakley lenses?

Just so I'm sure I get it:
OEM means either made by Oakley for the specific model or made from a original Oakley lens, cut from another model like the Straightlinks?
So Linegear is made from original Oakley lenses?
@Chris A Hardaway can you please help this poor chap out LOL

OEM is from the factory. (original equipment manufacturer)

custom cuts is taking an original oakley lens with the correct base curve and cutting it perfectly to fit your frame.

Sounds interesting, however I haven't been able to find a optician that offers this service.
Can you recommend one within the EU?
Cant realy recommend as I found and optician close to where I live. Open google maps search for opticians around you and try contacting them. I got one recommended by a friend of mine whos an optician and told me where she would go if neede a custom cut. Not sure where in EU you live. Anyways get straightlink lenses and Im sure there will be an optician around you who will be cutting lenses.
Btw linegear lenses are good especialy when you buy those NXT lenses, but those are relay expensive.

Back