• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X squared lenses

I think being OEM Centric is primarily out of snobbery. Yes if you reasonably can acquire OEM then fine but as others have alluded to either @Gunn or @Chris A Hardaway will probably help you out for shipment purposes.

If you do get OEM & not CC then one thing I would advise is to be Really Careful when mounting them as they are prone to Delaminating at the edges. They are NOS lenses but they are still going to be 10 years old. One good thing about the XS frame is it has a fairly large Orbital so it's easier to prise than a Penny or Juliet Frame to encapsulate the lenses fully before refitting the screw & gasket.

If you are going Aftermarket then LG or Fuse are far better than PapaViva or Revant imho.

If going aftermarket i personally would go for Linegear for the XS, their only downside at present is UK shipping is only offered at $24, Due to the Ukraine Conflict. But you should still be OK for Import Duty.
If it was aftermarket for Mars Leather, Then Fuse do a better reproduction of Gold Iridium than LG (imho)

FWIW I have been using LG for about 4 years now, Optics are Great, No stratches or Delamination either.

If you do get OEM & not CC then one thing I would advise is to be Really Careful when mounting them as they are prone to Delaminating at the edges. They are NOS lenses but they are still going to be 10 years old. One good thing about the XS frame is it has a fairly large Orbital so it's easier to prise than a Penny or Juliet Frame to encapsulate the lenses fully before refitting the screw & gasket
Ok, so custom cuts are NOT prone to delaminating at the edge?

Latest Posts

Back