• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal Polishing attempt #1

Found my pin pusher. Had the extractor, pusher went AWOL. All back together.

Now lenses don't fit. Ive taken a dental pick and scraped inside of orbitals to get out any left over polishing media, but orbitals still not closing correct. Had the same problem with another pair I had polished by Zach. Had to shave lenses down a little.
20220410_104941.jpg

Found my pin pusher. Had the extractor, pusher went AWOL. All back together.

Now lenses don't fit. Ive taken a dental pick and scraped inside of orbitals to get out any left over polishing media, but orbitals still not closing correct. Had the same problem with another pair I had polished by Zach. Had to shave lenses down a little. View attachment 953365
Why does that happen and what causes this? I would assume lenses wouldn't fit and would be loose if you polish the insides of the orbitals

Guys - I know I’m no x metal expert and havn’t read the thread. But I recommend - only use the pin pusher to get the pins out not to re-install.

Use a hammer and nail punch to get the pins back in.
That stuff doesn't work for ****. Once you put a clear on it it turns dull like any other silver metallic paint.
the chrome paint is not designed to be used with clear coat of any kind. It’s not automotive grade either . Great for display etc or occasional wear.