• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetals with photochromic lenses

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
I used to have a set of custom G40 photochromic lenses cut to Juliet. Am thinking about going this route again as well as getting a clear black transmissions cut to XX.

Anyone got any pics or experience to share of photochromic lenses in any metals?

Note I'm not asking for opinions about transmissions lenses as I'm already a fan, wearing daily in my flaks. Interested in how they feel and look in xmetal frames!

Thanks!

Oh here is one of my old sales from 2015! Wouldn't get that price these days!

IMG_2803.JPG

I haven't tried the g40 photochromic, but I've tried the clear ones and they are pretty cool. A bit overkill if you ask me but they definitely nice. My inly advice is to check if the frame color fits them (you pic looks great), but my clear transitions looked awful in XM and 1st gen plasma, but looked great in later gen plasmas and carbon

As you know, I have the same G40s. I like them but always find the transition a bit subtle. Certainly more so than clear to black photochromics.

@ptownphil has or had the clear photochromics in a Juliet. They looked pretty cool.

Back