• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printed Stuff

I'm doing my first ever work in cad. Using one of these doubles and adding to it. if it comes out, it's gonna be ****in tits!

What program?

I have one of them fancy modeler programs on my computer-machine.
Don't laugh. I've never done modeling before and hated all my programming classes back in college. I'm using tinkercad. I really have no idea what I'm doing but somehow it's working out. In a couple of hours I should have something pretty cool to show.

Don't laugh. I've never done modeling before and hated all my programming classes back in college. I'm using tinkercad. I really have no idea what I'm doing but somehow it's working out. In a couple of hours I should have something pretty cool to show.
You've never done modeling? But a sexy bitch like you seems so natural at it. :brunette:

I have no formal CAD training. I've just done it as a career in design engineering for ~10 years. And BOY do I want to get out from behind a tube!

I have a friend who wants to print stuff for scaled drag cars. Availability is nil, so introducing any kind of new parts or technology has a pretty big potential. She's been struggling for a few weeks with google sketch-up and other free services. I jumped on and created a fully detailed wheel and body for her in under an hour. She got a temporary license for the program I'm most familiar with, Inventor, and suddenly things start clicking when I show her some basic fundamentals and features of an actual real CAD suite.

I tried sketch up once but never stuck with it. I didn't really want to make anything from scratch just alter these stands. I started with mesh mixer last night and quickly went to tinkercad. I'm starting to get it now and may eventually get a real program. I can see a lot of potential here lol.

If I still had my workspace from my previous job I'd be able to do a lot of stuff to assist, but likely no time or passion to do it outside of work hours - that was a big issue I was running into working with Q a while back on some models, it was very difficult to work 3D CAD for work and want to keep going to mess with stuff.

Now I'm unemployed and I have all the time in the world... and I still don't really want to work on CAD models.

I'd be willing to help, though. I can make some designs if someone is interested and hand over a STEP or whatever for you to play with.

Back