1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lowincash

lowincash Oakley Beginner

Hi, new guy here. Just found this site while researching on Oakley prescription lenses. Long time Oakley user, first time with prescription lol So I am getting the flak jacket and want to put my prescription on them. My prescription isn't too bad, I think -1.00 or -1.25 both eyes. I noticed the lenses are pretty curved and I'm just a bit nervous about spending so much $$$ on them if it might give me a headache or feel dizzy due to the curviness. Anyone experience any problem with the prescription lenses? I'm looking to get them in black iridium polarized.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I know a couple of people with various oakleys with prescriptions. They don't seem to have any issues whatsoever. Good luck!

3. lowincash

Thanks for the welcome =] I've found a few of threads about prescriptions but haven't read much about how the curviness affects vision, if at all. Hopefully these prescription owners can chime in :D

4. xtremehardy388

xtremehardy388 Oakley Beginner

I love them. I'm wearing them now. I actually feel as though they are clearer than my other classes (Joe Boxer, Nike Flexfit). They're also GREAT safety lenses and that comes in handy. Polarized MAY give a headache. I've never had problems with my lenses that are polarized but others have. Personally, I see no major difference but I do know people who have had headaches....

5. lowincash

Are you using prescription lenses on flax jacket too? I had some Rayban prescription polarized sunglasses, which I just lost, and don't have any problem with the polarization. Good thing then lol

6. NATLBNKILR

NATLBNKILR Oakley Beginner

Welcome to the forum! I've got a set of prescription Fast Jackets in OO Red Polarized and absolutely love them... Never had any issues getting used to the curve.

7. lowincash

Hi thanks that's good to hear. I think I'm going to go with lenscrafters so at least if I really have any issues with them I can get a refund, that's a relief. After some further research, it looks like I'm going to get the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lens instead =]

8. NATLBNKILR

NATLBNKILR Oakley Beginner

I went through LensCrafrers as well for the exact same reason... Great choice on the VR28 BI Polarized. One of the best all around lenses IMHO.

9. lowincash

Got my flak jacket today, brought them to lenscrafters to get the lenses. They had samples of different shades of oakley lenses and the vr28 BI polarized looked the best, thought I only tried them indoors. Looking through them is very nice compared to the black iridium polarized ones that I was originally going to get. Order placed, can't wait to get them back, driving without sunglasses really straining my eyes =/

Oh and the guy was pretty cool, he saw my email address name and had a good laugh, then looked at what kind of discounts he could give me. Ended up knocking off $120 so it's costing under $200 for these lenses! He really made my day as I was really hesitant to spend so much on lenses. I'll post them up once I get them back =]