• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone tried to tune Badman hinges?

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Hi guys ,
I really like the Badman but as many people the hinges are not so strong(not enough tension?) and doesnt hold the frames on my face very securely,
Does anyone here on forum can remove the back movement on hinges to make them tighter on your head without the hinge actually having the movement to stretch back direction out of your head?
Or can anyone remove the hinges completely and make it one pivot?
Any info appreciated,thanks in advance :)

Yes, the hinges are removable. However you can't DIY tune up those hinges without first disassembling those hinges which is not advised unless you have patience like a zen master and possess the skills of using big tools on small objects akin to a watch maker. There's substantial risks involved that:
A) you could lose the hinge installation screw
B) lose the spring into another dimension of warp space fabric
C) break the hinge altogether, or
D) a combination of the above and in which case you're screwed because I'm down to 1 spare hinge

But if you do wish to endeavour, you'll need remove the hinge, disassemble it, alter the spring tension, remake the hinge, and then reinstall them.

A hacky method without disassembling the hinge itself would probably require adding foreign objects to the spring hinge mechanism to create extra resistance. I've not tried this and it's only a theory.

If you want to alter the opening angle of the arm then you'll need to modify the hinge ring shape as the stoppers would dictate the angle of open before the springs activate.

Good luck and hopefully your operation on BadMan won't result into a SadMan

I forgot to add: If you want a tight fit and dislike the springs activating l'd just replace the spring hinge completely with a fixed hinge. Much less mucking about

Yes, the hinges are removable. However you can't DIY tune up those hinges without first disassembling those hinges which is not advised unless you have patience like a zen master and possess the skills of using big tools on small objects akin to a watch maker. There's substantial risks involved that:
A) you could lose the hinge installation screw
B) lose the spring into another dimension of warp space fabric
C) break the hinge altogether, or
D) a combination of the above and in which case you're screwed because I'm down to 1 spare hinge

But if you do wish to endeavour, you'll need remove the hinge, disassemble it, alter the spring tension, remake the hinge, and then reinstall them.

A hacky method without disassembling the hinge itself would probably require adding foreign objects to the spring hinge mechanism to create extra resistance. I've not tried this and it's only a theory.

If you want to alter the opening angle of the arm then you'll need to modify the hinge ring shape as the stoppers would dictate the angle of open before the springs activate.

Good luck and hopefully your operation on BadMan won't result into a SadMan
o_O

Back