• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone tried to tune Badman hinges?

Anyone know if just loosening the hinge screw helps?

Do not do that under any circumstances unless you want to have the springe hinge dislodged and re-install the whole hinge again. That tiny screw on the arm secures the spring hinge module and nothing more. It would not tighten nor loosen the spring tension

Loosening and tightening the "hinge screw" where the temples bend does indeed tighten or loosen the hinge. Now mine are even on both sides. I did not mess with the screw in the temple side that holds the spring hinge mechanism together. Don't do that unless you richer than me :)

Loosening and tightening the "hinge screw" where the temples bend does indeed tighten or loosen the hinge. Now mine are even on both sides. I did not mess with the screw in the temple side that holds the spring hinge mechanism together. Don't do that unless you richer than me :)

oh, you mean THAT bigger hinge screw where it secures the arm to the frame. Yeh adjusting that would adjust the friction of the arm swinging action and hence tighten or loosen the swing of the arm. I thought you were asking about adjusting the tension of the springiness of the spring hinged arms

I was talking about adjusting the springiness of the hinge. What I found out is if someone over tightened that big screw then they don't spring backwards as easily, due to that friction.

is it possible to entirely remove the arm while leaving the hinge intact? i got new ikon lenses today and they wouldnt snap in fully in the frame, so i figured id bend the frame to make it work...hypothetically, if i stupidly snapped my frame at the orbital and the hinges and arms are intact, could i seek out a broken hinge frame and swap the frame? i know, i know dumb af. i now own one set of Badman and one set of Worseman.

IMG_20170330_131423159.jpg

IMG_20170330_112304743.jpg

is it possible to entirely remove the arm while leaving the hinge intact? i got new ikon lenses today and they wouldnt snap in fully in the frame, so i figured id bend the frame to make it work...hypothetically, if i stupidly snapped my frame at the orbital and the hinges and arms are intact, could i seek out a broken hinge frame and swap the frame? i know, i know dumb af. i now own one set of Badman and one set of Worseman.

View attachment 325206

View attachment 325207
@jdd32 ?

Latest Posts

Back