• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Romeo 1.0 Ideas

I cant comment here or I will be accused of selling my services and some people don't like that.
I cant comment here or I will be accused of selling my services and some people don't like that.

I do not see there is any post/point you should not comment on as you offer a valuable service, as do the oem lens cutters on here and I don't see anyone pulling them up on a thread reply or comment. You are a forum member firstly and on a plus point you also offer a service which people can use if they wish to do so. I see the point of wishing to keep things original and that is totally understandable as I myself would wish for all frames etc to be in perfect condition but the fact is as time goes on, the more wear they will incur in use. Refurbishment apart from shelved/displayed items will be the only option, and to the standards I am hearing regarding yourself and your work I could not be happier.

I personally have a Jordan R1 which I the future I may send for a refinish. It is not in a bad condition at all, but does show a few small marks and signs of use for its age, which must be 15 years old, and even shows a slight colour difference between the nose and orbitals. Do I feel this would devalue the item? not in any way, as it is still the same piece with the same colourway.

I personally have a Jordan R1 which I the future I may send for a refinish. It is not in a bad condition at all, but does show a few small marks and signs of use for its age, which must be 15 years old, and even shows a slight colour difference between the nose and orbitals. Do I feel this would devalue the item? not in any way, as it is still the same piece with the same colourway.
life is too short to wear ugly sunglasses.why wear em beat up.even the collectors don't want a beat up pair.if I save the serial number and match the finish exactly....isn't that restoration and not alteration?

Have to say you both have very valid points,restoration of major works of art happens all the time so I would have to agree that keeping the serial and matching the finish is indeed restoration,not so sure about changing the colour,but in all the serialsed pairs bar the R1s if the serial is kept you know what finish it should be anyway,so begining to think it doesnt matter.Still not keen on the production of TIO2s though.

X Man does great work when it comes to those blasted finishes. Met him at RED, saw them in person, and if I was going to refurb an original back to X Metal or Plasma standards, he would be the first person to get my inquiry.

X-man is right, why should I wear beat up pair just for sake of keeping collectors item,at the same time would be great to keep original color combo-matching the box....uff I can think make them plasma and cut custom gold iridium lens and get root rubbers so they will be as close to original as possible ,I saw somewhere pics of plasma with gold and didn't look too bad,of course plasma is bit brighter and bit more shiny than titanium finish, but could be kind of better restoration than making them x metal/ruby ....actually the titanium finish on my romeos doesnt look very attractive honestly guys ,maybe it's because of it's age and small scratches,but looks like you would spray it kind of shadow basic spray pait....kind of matte feeling....

Hi guys , i got small dilema :) Ihave Romeo 1.0 Ti/Gold i got couple of months ago,lenses slight scratches and Ti frame have some small stuffs too .I talked already to X-man(seeing his amazing stuff he did for you guys) sforo send them for refinish together with couple of juliets...
Thing is I always wanted X metal finish Romeos,but now after using Plasma juliets a lot these days I'm thinking make them plasma? My concern is if plasma Romeos don't look too big on your face or bit cheap with that size. But at the same time x metal could be bit too dark...I just never seen any other combos than Ti/gold in persons....
What's your ideas guys?
Would be happy for any pics to help me decide Thanx!!!

just saw this thread, i thought I would share my recent projects. I just cut my own lenses for my titanium r1 with emerald lenses, (they are one of my favorite lenses as well as slate) there are some custom cut polarized ruby lenses on an xmetal frame too. note that the xmetal frame is lighter, because i washed them with warm water and dish soap before installing the lenses.

rzef.jpg

lym5.jpg