• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed!

The first time I saw this lens was on rustpots custom radarlocks and they looked great! They also look great in your flak jackets! I did find this lens in the store recently and it looked like a good shade. I like how the iridium has different colors in but nothing that really stands out as flashy. What's with oakley selling spare lenses in plastic now? They seemed much more protected in the foam instead of the plastic.
They display better, the don't have to be opened just to get a look, it's fully clear so they can be inspected in the package, and they're sold on a rack like any other blister pack merchandise. They come with a microfiber rolled up in a little pouch in the cardboard, as well.

And as far as the brightness goes - they're nice to wear in the car, the iridium/polarized 1-2 punch really helps with car glare over a pair like standard black iridium surprisingly. They're still at 17% (IIRC), so it's a tad light for being out on foot or having a really clear day and the sun on you all the time.

I'd really like the deep blue to be a 12%, but I can see why they left it so light, wanting to not mute anything out when looking down.

I got a set of the deep blue cut for one of my Pennies and I absolutely love it. That blue/purple/green hue is awesome. Those look great Dave!

That is a C-Six :).

Those are killer. Looked on Ebay. Here's one that's going for $15,000.00. Number 90 of 250. That's a lot of money.

$_57.JPG