1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

I just need to vent a little bit..... So I see this ad on CL about a tower for sale in MN. $250. I talk to her about it and try to set up shipping. Call back and the price is now 350, then the ad on CL goes to 400, then 500.... I pass on the tower but she also had some stands. She shows me pictures and quantities of what she has. I said I'll take them all, we haggle on a price, boom done. No PP account so i search her name, looks ligit, I western union the funds. Package show up and not all was included. She said i wasn't specific enough on what i wanted. I thought all meant all!

Dont buy anything Oakley from Shakopee MN.......

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

that sucks . . .
    too bad dude!

3. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Sucks dude!
    Sorry about that!

4. GRFMotorsports

Its not thaaat big of a deal, but it just pisses me off, this person is a shyster 100% I know there was someone else on here looking at the tower but I dont know if they got it.

5. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

some seller are just a pain in the @SS!!

6. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

That's one reason I hate buying from people on CL unless you can meet them in person. Or they take PP, at least then you can file a claim. I've only had 2 or 3 CL deals, luckily nothing has gone wrong!

7. tmac777311

tmac777311 Oakley Beginner

Yeah I was chasing the tower thought I had a deal at 350$ all I asked for were some pics which never materialized. Then communication went dark for 2 days only to get a call and email accepting my offer. Obvious to me that I was being bid up against others (and most likely non-locals judging by the amount of time between emails) which kind of torqued me, and I was traveling for work the next day (shokapee is a little hike from Minneapolis and I don't readily have transport for a 6 ft tower, which means borrowing an SUV) so I just dropped it. Still never got any pics......

8. GRFMotorsports

She told me on the phone yesterday it sold for 350, I could have sent ya pics...lol

Very poor packaging too, just thrown in a box with some bubble wrap on top.

9. chrisbron

chrisbron Oakley Enthusiast

Sucks to hear about crappy sellers!

I ordered the SLC frogskins and then promptly cancelled my order after it was uncovered that they were all cheap hydraprints...

Charlie Rasputin/Restless, whatever his name is, still owes me a $700 refund and paypal won't take my dispute! What a ****... Still no replies to my emails, tweets and calls!

I swear, if anybody can help me get my $700 back, I will give them $200 for their effort! Any option is allowed: hacking his websites, wrecking his car or shi77ing in a bag and lighting it on fire in front of his door step....

That guy makes me so angry!

Rant over. Sorry guys.

The $200 offer still stands though.

10. tmac777311

tmac777311 Oakley Beginner

chris, you pay via paypal? If so you should just be able to file a dispute on the charge, claiming you never received any merchandise. There is a time window on this though (60 days if I am not mistaken).