• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do We Have A Place On Here To Complain?

How about contacting the credit card company if paypal does not does anything? not many people do it but I have heard some success stories.

chris, you pay via paypal? If so you should just be able to file a dispute on the charge, claiming you never received any merchandise. There is a time window on this though (60 days if I am not mistaken).

what happened is, he gave me a partial refund and now owes me $700. I filed a claim with PayPal and they dismissed it as it was "after the time window"...

I have exhausted all my options and a financial ombudsman won't take the case...

How about contacting the credit card company if paypal does not does anything? not many people do it but I have heard some success stories.

I contacted my bank and they can't continue their investigation unless they get proof from paypal, which paypal is refusing to give as the 'time window" has elapsed.

I found a 3.1 doublewide on CL last year and the guy was selling for $200. I was the first one who called and made the deal and was going to pick it up in 2 days. About 2 hours pass and i call him back to ask a couple more questions. The seller then tells me he sold it. WTF?! Even though we made the deal, he got an offer from another buyer and had already come to pick it up.

I guess i can't be too mad as i never made payment on it, but at least have the decency to call and tell me someone had up bid me. He told me the offer was $300. I told him i would've paid $350 for it if i had to.

He didn't say much after i told him how crappily he handled that one.

Oh well. I got my current tower for less anyway :p

I found a 3.1 doublewide on CL last year and the guy was selling for $200. I was the first one who called and made the deal and was going to pick it up in 2 days. About 2 hours pass and i call him back to ask a couple more questions. The seller then tells me he sold it. WTF?! Even though we made the deal, he got an offer from another buyer and had already come to pick it up.

I guess i can't be too mad as i never made payment on it, but at least have the decency to call and tell me someone had up bid me. He told me the offer was $300. I told him i would've paid $350 for it if i had to.

He didn't say much after i told him how crappily he handled that one.

Oh well. I got my current tower for less anyway :p
That is called good Karma on you side!!

CL is always Risky. I have always had good luck but that one Idiot is coming I am sure.
Always be on your guard.

I think first responder always should get item unless huge unexplained time lapse til payment...I have been offered more $ after marking pending sale but refuse...That doublewide should have been yours

Just a quick note on holding items. I sell a lot of stuff, that's what I do and my rule is simple. I'll hold something for quite a while so someone can get it picked up but it has to be paid for up front. I don't hold items waiting on payment. Too many times someone says they will be over to pick it up and they dont show. In the meantime I have to tell others its sold and I could have moved it to them. Pay up front and I'll hold as long as you like within reason. If your out of town and want to inspect it on pick up that's fine, if its not 100% what I told you it was you get your $$ back.

You were brave to pay with Western Union.
The fact that you received something is already quite a relief.
Western Union is a point of no return, unlike PayPal, no disputes, no refunds.
In a nutshell, things could have turned out a lot worse.

Back