• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ethical Exchange Posting

I think you are starting a frenzy. I want to know what it is too.

Truth be told, if everyone followed this policy we'd only ever have one pair of each style for sale. Competition is good for the marketplace anyway, and maybe someone who sees your deal will adjust their own price, or perhaps you'll generate more interest in their piece by selling yours quickly.

For example, I was looking for a pair of XX. I got quite a few replies with prices all over the place. Just to keep my own moral conscience clear, I asked the first person who replied if he'd move on his price to match another offer so that he could close the deal and make the sale. I didn't do it with the intent to start a reverse bidding war, I just felt the first guy with the same item should get a chance to make the sale. Ultimately he decided he would rather wait to sell at his price than match the other, so he politely declined and I got my item elsewhere, no hard feelings on either end.

It's just the way things go. Nothing is worth the same amount in everyone's eyes.

Truth be told, if everyone followed this policy we'd only ever have one pair of each style for sale. Competition is good for the marketplace anyway, and maybe someone who sees your deal will adjust their own price, or perhaps you'll generate more interest in their piece by selling yours quickly.

For example, I was looking for a pair of XX. I got quite a few replies with prices all over the place. Just to keep my own moral conscience clear, I asked the first person who replied if he'd move on his price to match another offer so that he could close the deal and make the sale. I didn't do it with the intent to start a reverse bidding war, I just felt the first guy with the same item should get a chance to make the sale. Ultimately he decided he would rather wait to sell at his price than match the other, so he politely declined and I got my item elsewhere, no hard feelings on either end.

It's just the way things go. Nothing is worth the same amount in everyone's eyes.
well said

Bring your price up in line with the other "seller" it's very easy for everyone to say list it @ lower price BUT how many would do it them selfs as we have all seen items been sold on this forum with prices that are way to high for said item , i do agree that if you get it cheap sell it cheap amongst "friends" but why should you try start a trend that others will not follow .

Yeah brutha I'll look after you sure no problem .
Quick translation
I'll make fifty bucks from this fool .

Bring your price up in line with the other "seller" it's very easy for everyone to say list it @ lower price BUT how many would do it them selfs as we have all seen items been sold on this forum with prices that are way to high for said item , i do agree that if you get it cheap sell it cheap amongst "friends" but why should you try start a trend that others will not follow .

Yeah brutha I'll look after you sure no problem .
Quick translation
I'll make fifty bucks from this fool .

I would have to respectfully disagree Tex, I have moved a few things on this forum and never looked to make a buck (even when I got a good deal on the original piece and could of priced it at market value and made some money). In the same respect most of the purchases I have made on this forum have been at the price the seller purchased it for. If you want to make money sell it on ebay... Part of the wonderful thing about this forum and community is most of us are just trying to help each other out. Whether its finding a specific piece, passing along a good deal, or helping mentor and educate other collectors I think the vast majority of members of this forum are very altruistic. I applaud Greg for not only passing along a good deal, but being mindful enough to ask this type of question in order to not disrupt this happy place we call the Oakley Forum. Just goes to show the mentality of forum members, everyone looking out for each other! I personally believe that this is an excellent trend the forum has, and seems to be continuing. Not to mention I would consider a number of members "friends", even though I have never met them in person. Plenty of good people here trying to do the right thing, let's keep it going!

Latest Posts

Back