• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EYEFRAMESMAN MARS

Finally took the plunge on this. Had it shipped to a relative in the US just to be able to buy one. Now begins the waiting game.

would you mind telling, how much the shiping cost from us to sing? and what about the duty, tax etc?
thinking about getting one if he listing another

Just curious if I remove the rubber t shox would it impact the ear stem in the long run? More comfortable for a guy with a big cranium like me

I think the only effect would be to transfer the loading to the nose bridge, as you would have a hard stop on the orbitals, and the only flex would be in the nose bridge.

So I would expect the removal of the T Shox rubbers would shorten the nose bridge rubbers life. But if it allows you to wear your Mars it would be a small price to pay.

It would actually help the lifespan of the nose bridge flex couplers since it won't stretch too much. Just make sure that if you remove temple shox that the earstem doesn't rub against the t-shox metal hole. My other suggestion is to buy linegear rubbers and grind the temple shox depression(using sand paper or a dremel with grinding capsule/stone) until you are comfortable with the spacing. I've done that with my yellow LG t-shox rubber.
Here's the grinding stone: Dremel Hobby Bits - Grinding at Aubuchon Hardware
294405_front500.jpg

this thing fits in very well with the t-shox's depression

It would actually help the lifespan of the nose bridge flex couplers since it won't stretch too much. Just make sure that if you remove temple shox that the earstem doesn't rub against the t-shox metal hole. My other suggestion is to buy linegear rubbers and grind the temple shox depression(using sand paper or a dremel with grinding capsule/stone) until you are comfortable with the spacing. I've done that with my yellow LG t-shox rubber.
Here's the grinding stone: Dremel Hobby Bits - Grinding at Aubuchon Hardware
294405_front500.jpg

this thing fits in very well with the t-shox's depression
Are you grinding the LG temple shocks themselves? Ive tried their rubber kits but find the temple shocks (for Juliet's)to be too big, even the smaller ones.

On my Romeos I tweaked the ear stems slightly so they wouldn't poke me at the tips. Improved comfort a lot and let me use the 15 size without putting too much stretch on the frame.

Mars for some reason the stems fit me better than any others. Tight as all hell, but no real pressure points.

Are you grinding the LG temple shocks themselves? Ive tried their rubber kits but find the temple shocks (for Juliet's)to be too big, even the smaller ones.
Yes, the oakley temple shox are a lot softer so I would not use a dremel on them but do a hand grinding using the grinding stone that I posted. LG temple shox are harder and can be held by a pair of pliers. Don't recommend grinding rubbers installed on your xmetals unless you have a steady hand.

Latest Posts

Back