• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favoritest/Hatingest Lens Tint To LOOK Through

Love my IIP and BIP lenses. Did not like the standard Warm Grey Iridium that originally came with my Whiskers, seemed to allow a lot of light through the lens.

Only lenses I don't like are the Amber/ Bronze . I dont like looking at everything in orange.... But.... like a true Oakley fan, I still have both..lol

G26 is awesome.

Ghosting?

Fire is a double sided Iridium lens, and depending on the frame you're wearing if any light is allowed in you could see yourself in the reflection. I've had a few pairs that have done that.

But my favorite to look through is probably Positive Red followed by Tungsten Iridium. My least favorite is Yellow, I just can't stand the tint.

My favourites change with the weather and my mood, so I can't really choose just one.
I would say BIP, VR28 BIP, and Amber BIP are up there.

And I actually surprised myself this year by really falling for Bronze Polarized. It adds such a subtle warmth to everything.
If I was being overly-dramatic, I would say it was like walking thru rose-tinted memories of a cherished summer holiday.
Hahaha. There you go Oakley - stick that on your lens-tints webpage if you dare!

I can, however, state that my least favourite is probably Ice Iridium. It's just boring to look thru. Turns the world grey and dreary, and doesn't really feel to me that it offers any visual aid or benefit.

At least Black Iridium and BIP are neutral and defined. Ice just turns the world dreary.

Fire is a double sided Iridium lens, and depending on the frame you're wearing if any light is allowed in you could see yourself in the reflection. I've had a few pairs that have done that.

But my favorite to look through is probably Positive Red followed by Tungsten Iridium. My least favorite is Yellow, I just can't stand the tint.

Why do they double side some lenses and not others; what sort of performance reasons are there (or aesthetic reasons) for double siding the iridium coating?

Fire is a double sided Iridium lens.

I believe this is false. They make an anti reflective coating for lenses, why would they put iridium, which is there to reflect light, on the inside? I'm pretty sure ghosting just comes from having the light as such an angle that you catch a reflection of your face.

It might not be double Iridium then but you can definitely tell that Fire is more reflective on the inside than most other lenses. The only other lens I've seen that also does this is Pink Iridium.

I believe this is false. They make an anti reflective coating for lenses, why would they put iridium, which is there to reflect light, on the inside? I'm pretty sure ghosting just comes from having the light as such an angle that you catch a reflection of your face.

I never thought this day would come, but . . . . I have to agree with qtrain on this one.

Mark this day in your diaries, my OF colleagues.

:laugh:

Latest Posts

Back