• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favoritest/Hatingest Lens Tint To LOOK Through

I don't hate any lens, and have examples of all sunglass lenses except VR28 Gold P and VR35 Gold. The collection also includes 14 lenses that were never released. In general, most lenses ranging from 9% to 30% transmission will do their job on a bright day, and given the variety of colours within that, it is hard for me to pick a favourite for 'looking through', however, with very slight to almost no brightness, where this range would be too dark, only Ti Clear and Gold Clear really hit the nail on the head, for this type of light condition these are indispensable. I seldom, if ever, use lenses that go from Persimmon up, but for some other people they will have a use. Any lens can have the right function for the right person in the right conditions.

Favorite is a toss up between Emerald Iridium and +Red. Absolute worst lens visually, and to look through is dark bronze. It's a BS name because its just ugly brown. I couldn't get them out of my Root beer Rigs fast enough. They made the frames look terrible and everything looked like an apocalyptic wasteland when looking through them. I put some Emerald Iridiums in and they went from being the worst frame Oakley has ever made; to one of my favorites.

I love a lot of lenses. Depends on the weather, the day, my mood, etc.

VR28 based lenses, and neutral-based lenses are always somewhere on hand.

Grey polarized is also great. A little brighter feeling, but crisp, and the polarized filter takes the glare off so you don't need a blackout lens. I wish I had more GP lenses.

As cool as fire is, I'm not much of a fan of the tint. Gold as well, just the bronze color isn't as nice as VR. Emerald wasn't great, the tint wasn't consistent.

I used to like black iridium polarized most. My new favorite lens are the VR28 black iridium polarized.

Don't really hate any of them, but the least favorite lens for me are the red iridium and fire iridium lens.

I'm interested to try the jade iridium lens, have yet to try them out.

Faves:

- Fire Iridium Polarized (great on the baseball field on bright sunny days);

- Tungsten Iridium - I have a set of XLJ lenses for my Flak Jacket in this tint and I wanted to pick up an extra set but I can't seem to find them anymore...I can only find the polarized version. Did Oakley discontinue the non-polarized for the Flak Jacket XLJs?

- Jade Iridium - Looks great from the outside, and is a good all-arounder.

Not-so-faves:

- Blue Iridium - Had this in my Radars and it lasted less than a week. The world somehow looked funky through them.

- VR28 - I found this tint quite annoying for some reason. Hard to explain. Funnily enough, I really like the VR28 Black Iridium. Strange what a difference the Iridium makes.

Whats wrong with Ice? Mine are just a cool gray. Not my favorites; but far better than the violently yellow tints of fire and and some of the other lenses. To each his own I guess; but imho you could do a lot worse than Ice. Ice are definitely better than violet though.

Whats wrong with Ice? Mine are just a cool gray. Not my favorites; but far better than the violently yellow tints of fire and and some of the other lenses. To each his own I guess; but imho you could do a lot worse than Ice. Ice are definitely better than violet though.

I agree -- also I don't know if it's just me and my eyes but I don't really notice much of a difference between looking through black iridium and ice. Do you guys notice major differences?

Back