• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

And this is how a proper educated reply is made, a sincere thank you for your time and right manners.

The other user was quite opinionated and frustrated right off the bat. If he had followed your guidelines, the tone of the conversation would've been entirely different.

Regarding the brand, Oakley has been my choice for quite some time already since I purchased my first Jackets many years ago, followed by wires, romeo, magnesium switch, cross hairs, racing jacket, and probably a few others. This is the first time EVER this happens on a particular model, and adding insult to injury on TWO different frames; so the drop in quality is beyond all doubt.

Last, my offer to invest my time and knowledge in engineering and CAD systems was sttiken out by the complaining members, making more evident the desire to bash someone instead of recognizing a will to help the community.
It just seemed shady to come here to ask for a random person's receipt. It just rubbed some of us the wrong way. And then you said 'OK whatever'... That really killed the mood. Lol

Anyway, sorry that some people were able to dissuade you from creating a fix. Hopefully your CAD skills will be better used elsewhere.

And this is how a proper educated reply is made, a sincere thank you for your time and right manners.

The other user was quite opinionated and frustrated right off the bat. If he had followed your guidelines, the tone of the conversation would've been entirely different.

Regarding the brand, Oakley has been my choice for quite some time already since I purchased my first Jackets many years ago, followed by wires, romeo, magnesium switch, cross hairs, racing jacket, and probably a few others. This is the first time EVER this happens on a particular model, and adding insult to injury on TWO different frames; so the drop in quality is beyond all doubt.

Last, my offer to invest my time and knowledge in engineering and CAD systems was sttiken out by the complaining members, making more evident the desire to bash someone instead of recognizing a will to help the community.

Yep, I'm sorry too. Just tired of people coming on here to take advantage of the masses and moving on. I guess I'm just a total POS for jumping your azz.

It just seemed shady to come here to ask for a random person's receipt. It just rubbed some of us the wrong way. And then you said 'OK whatever'... That really killed the mood. Lol

Anyway, sorry that some people were able to dissuade you from creating a fix. Hopefully your CAD skills will be better used elsewhere.
Damn.....don't you just hate it when the mood is killed?

Not really. Actually xmetalmaniac killed the mood without even going through the trouble of explaining any further as kronin323 did.

Anyways, I didn´t say I wouldn´t share the CAD hinge. At this point it´s the only way I could make these paperweight sunglass bits wearable again. Either that or glueing the legs to the frame, which is shameful for a product priced at USD 400 (Where I live it´s closer to USD 600, believe that ? For a hinge that falls apart within the first month of use ?).

The bottomline is that if someone new shows up with a problem, your first reaction is to diss that member instead of making an educated reply, based on your first impression ?

Not really. Actually xmetalmaniac killed the mood without even going through the trouble of explaining any further as kronin323 did.

Anyways, I didn´t say I wouldn´t share the CAD hinge. At this point it´s the only way I could make these paperweight sunglass bits wearable again. Either that or glueing the legs to the frame, which is shameful for a product priced at USD 400 (Where I live it´s closer to USD 600, believe that ? For a hinge that falls apart within the first month of use ?).

The bottomline is that if someone new shows up with a problem, your first reaction is to diss that member instead of making an educated reply, based on your first impression ?
I seriously can't believe the price they charge for these glasses. It is crazy to me... I still haven't purchased a pair, and your story, like so many people who post about the hinges on these, is really turning me off to the idea... Sorry you had such a problem with them man. Oakley quality isn't quite what it used to be IMHO. Another, possibly extreme option would be to buy a duplicate frame from an Oakley store then swap the new pair out for the broken pair and send them in for warranty replacement. Then I'd sell both honestly, haha. Have you looked at some of the older xmetals? They are sweet if you've never checked them out. X-squared is similar in shape to the Badman and gives AMAZING coverage. It's one hell of a frame. This really is a great community of people man. Most of them will bend over backwards to provide information and help out fellow Oakley enthusiasts. I'm sorry that hasn't been your experience so far. I hope you get your glasses squared away. If you can invent a CAM hinge that would be awesome and you could help a lot of people in your situation.

I seriously can't believe the price they charge for these glasses. It is crazy to me... I still haven't purchased a pair, and your story, like so many people who post about the hinges on these, is really turning me off to the idea... Sorry you had such a problem with them man. Oakley quality isn't quite what it used to be IMHO. Another, possibly extreme option would be to buy a duplicate frame from an Oakley store then swap the new pair out for the broken pair and send them in for warranty replacement. Then I'd sell both honestly, haha. Have you looked at some of the older xmetals? They are sweet if you've never checked them out. X-squared is similar in shape to the Badman and gives AMAZING coverage. It's one hell of a frame. This really is a great community of people man. Most of them will bend over backwards to provide information and help out fellow Oakley enthusiasts. I'm sorry that hasn't been your experience so far. I hope you get your glasses squared away. If you can invent a CAM hinge that would be awesome and you could help a lot of people in your situation.

It´s crazy. If they were in the same league as X-Metals I´d pay it happily. I still regret losing my bombproof Romeo v1 at a boarding room of an airport en route to Easter Island.

It´s crazy. If they were in the same league as X-Metals I´d pay it happily. I still regret losing my bombproof Romeo v1 at a boarding room of an airport en route to Easter Island.
Seriously?!? I think I'd die a little... That stings bad... I just keep thinking, $500=Badman, but $500=Used R1. That's probably why I have a couple R1s at this point and no Badman, haha. Maybe I'll pick up a Badman/Madman when I can get it sub $200, which I think can be found. Problem is, I keep spending all my money on the old (and true) metals :D

Back