• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook hooked

I’ll take some better pics and post. Yeah I did think fake but 2-3 guys in Oakley store did not. Reason I went was to check legit and if yes press on with finding lenses. If not buy a new pair!

Frame is a Matt brown, I’ve held up to a light to look for tortoise but nothing like that. Inside arms L3 L4

Lenses in store snapped in nicely when checking size, O is raised.

24k is the same colour without the red/orange hue and Ruby is just plain red looking. So yeah seems like fire iridium - unless it’s all a $3 bill copy

I’ll take some better pics and post. Yeah I did think fake but 2-3 guys in Oakley store did not. Reason I went was to check legit and if yes press on with finding lenses. If not buy a new pair!

Frame is a Matt brown, I’ve held up to a light to look for tortoise but nothing like that. Inside arms L3 L4

Lenses in store snapped in nicely when checking size, O is raised.

24k is the same colour without the red/orange hue and Ruby is just plain red looking. So yeah seems like fire iridium - unless it’s all a $3 bill copy
i just wanna laugh...soooo asking whether or not the O-store employees know if they are real or fake is HILARIOUS! maybe the people at your local store actually know something bc NO ONE at the local store near me knows ****!

also, frame def looks like matte rootbeer.
maybe i havent checked in a while but usually the L arm has the letter L followed by a number and the right has a R followed by a number. dont think ive seen two L's

but yeah, fire is close to 24K with some color variation and 24K is just GOLD hahaha
ruby over the years has gone from red to almost a fire/ruby hybrid hence the term "fruby" haha

btw, if i were a betting man, i'd say those are standard 24K lenses on a matte rootbeer frame, yellow icons, with black rivets.

this is from oakleys website. just build these and did a screen capture. they dont offer 24K lenses when making customs but they could have been added. lenses in the pic are Fire Polarized.

holbrook rootbeer.jpg

btw, if i were a betting man, i'd say those are standard 24K lenses on a matte rootbeer frame, yellow icons, with black rivets.

this is from oakleys website. just build these and did a screen capture. they dont offer 24K lenses when making customs but they could have been added. lenses in the pic are Fire Polarized.

View attachment 1065675
If they don’t offer 24k it’s just because they’re out if stock right now. I’ve built several.

Lenses and parts colors come and go all the time.

View attachment 1065675
And yup, OCP

If they don’t offer 24k it’s just because they’re out if stock right now. I’ve built several.

Lenses and parts colors come and go all the time.
yeah i should have known that but its been a while since i've built a pair.
last couple pairs ive ordered i opted for fire polars and ruby polars. i have a soft spot for both of those lenses and you cant get them any other way.

Back