• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

how much does a scratched crystal affect value?

Well salty, you can give it a go, if it works, then be happy. It's hardly going to leave you out of pocket, trying this method(bearing in mind reaped application of toothpaste and lint free very soft cloth (probably best to use microfibre one, or microclear should you desire)),

It won't work, bro.

MOHS's hardness level of toothpaste (varies, but they won't get anywhere near sapphire crystal level): Toothpaste Abrasivity

Well salty, you can give it a go, if it works, then be happy. It's hardly going to leave you out of pocket, trying this method(bearing in mind reaped application of toothpaste and lint free very soft cloth (probably best to use microfibre one, or microclear should you desire)),

perhaps the real question is what kind of toothpaste... perhaps sensodyne for a clearly sensitive crystal.

It would seem that maybe my method which I used(with some success on my TB), wouldn't work on Sapphire Crystal. As precisely pointed out HTTRAP. Trully sorry to given even a slight glimmer of hope.

slight glimmers of hope are all I have at this point. Probably will end up selling and rebuying or maybe just dealing with it and doing something fun custom-wise.

It would seem that maybe my method which I used(with some success on my TB), wouldn't work on Sapphire Crystal. As precisely pointed out HTTRAP. Trully sorry to given even a slight glimmer of hope.

Original TB uses a hesalite crystal or mineral glass? I'm noob in that respect...because if it's mineral glass...don't brush your teeth with that same toothpaste!!

The toothpaste will also de-oxidize the titanium so it may look a bit shinier, but that's all it will do.

Not for long, it instantly reoxides. May take a little while to rebuild to the same thickness but with minimal cosmetic effect. People damage the oxidation all the time when they use steel wool to buff out scratches but it's all good.

Yeah that's the key difference, the TB has a mineral crystal (which is really just fancy glass) with a Mohs around 5.

Not for long, it instantly reoxides. May take a little while to rebuild to the same thickness but with minimal cosmetic effect. People damage the oxidation all the time when they use steel wool to buff out scratches but it's all good.

Yeah that's the key difference, the TB has a mineral crystal (which is really just fancy glass) with a Mohs around 5.

If it's a MOHS hardness of 5...that's a pretty damn abrasive toothpaste! Going on the teeth too...

Latest Posts

Back