1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. alcapon1

alcapon1 Oakley Enthusiast

Anyone have these, they came out June from what I see, a text wrap frog....Wow!

Kicks Lab Frogskins Texted Wrapped Frame 20 Lenses Etched - oakleyfrogskinsbykickslab2_zps961fce2f.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

these actually dropped earlier than that dude. =) there's also a Back Channel smog pair as well.

3. alcapon1

I saw the back channel frog but not these, must have missed it. I like these a lot better though in contrast so I pulled the trigger.

4. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I have one of the 20 KICKS LAB etched Smog Text - Grey Frogskins which I got direct from K/L in July '11 when they became available. K/L also had a non etched pair that was sold as an exclusive to them in a limited edition of 100, which I also purchased in the same deal, however those are identical to the regular pair of 24-258 hence the claim they were different in some way was erroneous. I got the BackChannel Smog Tortoise from JGF and think they still have a few, identical to the 24-257 apart from the etching. Both received some criticism as only the etching made both pairs different from their more common earlier released counterparts but similar circumstances have occurred with other glasses, eg Matte black - Ruby OTT, non etched and another pair exact but Blade II scripted.

5. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, both KL & BC are still readily available and, I think, not worth their asking price seeing as they are standard Smog Text and Smog Tortoise frames with extra etching.

6. alcapon1

Ah, thats where I saw these before, so they are clones basically other than those etched lenses.

7. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

trying to increase sales on unperforming colourways.