• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Delamination

I’ve had four pairs delaminate. A pair of fives, monster dog, monster pup, and half jacket. For the cost of them I expected them to last with proper care. I also have a pair of costa brines that are 14 years old and no issues, a pair of 8yr old smiths that have no issues. I don’t expect them to replace a broken lense or frame. But I do expect them to stand behind a defect. When I called to see about getting the first pair replaced they offered a 20% discount. I’m not buying another pair of “disposable” Oakleys at any discount.

This post got me worried. How do you guys store your SPARE lenses to keep them from delaminating? i've read some delaminated even from just displaying them. The only lens i had that delaminated were the oem fire polarized juliet lens that i wore at the beach. Definitely got splashed with salt water and might got in contact with sun screen.

Nice first post. Did you come here to tell us you’re no longer buying oakleys?
Well thanks, It’s a thread about lense delamination issues. So first and foremost I was sharing issues I had on the subject . Second was my experience with the company not standing behind their product. Third I did express that due to the fact they would not stand behind their products I would not be purchasing any Oakleys moving forward. So I guess no.

Well thanks, It’s a thread about lense delamination issues. So first and foremost I was sharing issues I had on the subject . Second was my experience with the company not standing behind their product. Third I did express that due to the fact they would not stand behind their products I would not be purchasing any Oakleys moving forward. So I guess no.
You can always go with aftermarket lenses. Oakley frames are unique and you can't find those in other frames. #giveoakleyachance

You can always go with aftermarket lenses. Oakley frames are unique and you can't find those in other frames. #giveoakleyachance
I did with the half jackets because I love them for exercising and playing sports. It’s just aggravating that I had four pair do it. I don’t mind paying a premium as long as get premium.

I did with the half jackets because I love them for exercising and playing sports. It’s just aggravating that I had four pair do it. I don’t mind paying a premium as long as get premium.

In my experience, lenses have about a 1% chance to delam. If you use hairspray, makeup, lotions, sunscreen, bug spray or get them splashed with saltwater it only amplifies the issue.

Again that’s my experience. I am sitting around 450 pairs and only had 4 or 5 delam. And these were pairs that were sitting in my cases. I don’t know if a previous owner used any of the products mentioned above and if the lenses were already compromised or not, but I do know that none of the delam pairs were delaminated when purchased.

In my experience, lenses have about a 1% chance to delam. If you use hairspray, makeup, lotions, sunscreen, bug spray or get them splashed with saltwater it only amplifies the issue.
I've only bought one new pair from a brick and mortar, D!ck's to be exact, my TenX. I don't use hairspray, makeup, lotions, sunscreen, bug spray and I don't get in the ocean, they delaminated. Just saying.

I've only bought one new pair from a brick and mortar, D!ck's to be exact, my TenX. I don't use hairspray, makeup, lotions, sunscreen, bug spray and I don't get in the ocean, they delaminated. Just saying.
Cheers from Fairfield.

Back