• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Locking Down The Forum

I still say there needs to be a minimum post count to make a thread in the exchange sections. 25 to 50 would be a good range to prevent spammers.

it's close to how the OR handles that . . .
if you have a certain numbers of activities, you getting access to special areas!

One thing I'm noticing in the exchange sections (especially the Frogskins section) is that there are people with less than 10 posts and no feedback trying to sell $400 glasses. I still say this is unacceptable, people need to have a minimum post count otherwise you are going to see people like this who just sign up to sell 1 or 2 items.

I don't have a problem with it. What's wrong with people who have Oakleys for sale posting about them on an Oakley Forum? Saves us searching right?

As for the price, if you don't agree with it, don't buy it. I can't really see the downside?

The issue is that you might not know who to trust when a newbie comes on here. And why would I trust someone who has no posts and wants $400 from me? Frogskins being a prime example since there are many members on here selling high dollar ones with no prior feedback and very low post counts. Not to mention with so many fakes being around, who can even be sure they're authentic?

Somebody with no previous feedback or reputation should be able to sell glasses on here, whether it's for $50 or $450. Am I the only one that's bothered by this?

I like the exchange being locked for members only. It's up to each of us to use our own discretion when dealing with users with no or limited posts. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling to somebody with 1 post but others might, and that should be their choice.

The issue is that you might not know who to trust when a newbie comes on here. And why would I trust someone who has no posts and wants $400 from me? Frogskins being a prime example since there are many members on here selling high dollar ones with no prior feedback and very low post counts.

Somebody with no previous feedback or reputation should be able to sell glasses on here, whether it's for $50 or $450. Am I the only one that's bothered by this?

It bothers me too.....I think IMO I am one of the loudest to rant about it on here, especially in the X metal forum and general Oakley forum......I do alot of research and I know a scammer when I see them post..... However we know when those people come on here for that, and we have to let them wear themselves out, by just ignoring them. They will go away eventually. True members like us can easily spot an issue and call it out. We know who to trust and not to trust.....

If we deal with people we dont know, its a risk......

Well let me start by saying I am a new member to your forum. I like the idea of the for sale section being locked down to only members. Now I also do believe there should be a requirement on when they can post in the exchanges section. As batwolf was saying frogs and really any other Oakley glasses are now fake all over the Internet so someone that has had 1 post and 400 dollar sunglasses looks a little fishy. I probably wouldn't buy from them but that is my oppinon and other people might differ. All I got to say is that since I joined this forum I have been on every day and trying to help where I can. I may be new to the forum and the oakley game but I'm here to stay. Whatever you guys do I'm sure this will still be a great place to get all of your Oakley info.

I like this discussion a lot, it is these types of discussions that give me ideas for the site. I do like the idea of locking down the Exchange areas, which is why it was implemented, I think it definitely encourages people to register so they can see they deals going on. I understand the idea for making a minimum post count in the exchange area, though it is still something I am pondering. I agree with the argument for locking it down, but then 1) New members will just go around posting +1, or "nice" 10 times the minute they join so they have access. I also am still very pro towards an open board. That way when people have a question about their Oakleys, they can simply find the answer, and yes they may just read the answer and leave the site, and never post or register, but at least we helped someone. :)

Continue the debate though, because I thoroughly enjoy reading discussion like this :)

OakleyBoss

Latest Posts

Back