M_Experiment Reviews

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So I figure we should have a thread where we can write reviews of our impressions as our M's start rolling in. The first to reach my door is a business Matte Smoke/Algae/Grey lenses. I have lost track how many M's I have coming but I will add to this thread as they roll in and I invite anyone who wishes to write a review to do so. So here goes the first

First impressions... WOW These are light and well made sunglasses especially for a under $200 pair. The box it came in is very sturdy and solid and should stand up to the test of time. There is a sticker and papers in the box and a very nice soft bag. The metal M icon is really cool looking on and off the head and the temples are designed very well but it is to soon to judge if they will loosen up over time. The material that makes up the frame is forgiving and flexible and make for a very comfortable ride.

Grey non polarized lenses are really nice to look through. They have a deep dark shade and you can tell it is blocking harmful rays from the sun when wearing them. They are much darker than the Oakley Iridium equivalent and clarity is actually pretty impressive with how dark the lens shade is. There is some slight color enhancement with these lenses but not like a prizm lens. Clarity seems to be its greatest attribute. I would say these are just under Snow Black Prizm for darkness so it will be very appealing to people who are light sensitive.

Wearing them.... Very comfortable for my big wide head and these are designed for bigger heads. They have enough give in the arms to not put any pressure on my temples which is often a problem for me. My only negative comment about the design is there is quite a bit of leakage from the lower sides and sunlight got in fairly easily. (Edit: I have been told by a fellow Frog wearing friend that this is the case with frogskins as well) I will notate I am a 8-9 base curve wearer mostly and have not gotten into the flat lens fad so this may just be the flat lens not wrapping around my eye like I am use to.

Value: 100% worth your bucks... smaller heads will probably get more lens coverage than us wider head users but overall I would wear these most likely in a casual environment.

I will review the pleasure and gigawatts that show up tomorrow and Monday so check back later for more info!
1689295270992.png

Last edited:
So I haven’t seen anyone post specifics comparing the sizing on the business to the pleasure can someone with both chime in and possibly compare to current existing brands models so we have a sizing reference point

I received 3 pair today to review for you. The first I want to review is the Gigawatt. I have all of the colorways coming but this was the first to arrive and to say I am 100% impressed is an understatement. The weight of these glasses is about a 1/3 less than the Flak Jacket IMO and so comfortable. I find myself using that word allot with the M experiments and for comfort sake Jamin has done one heck of a job in design. The gigawatt is almost a 9 base curve so it is more of what I am use to in a sunglass and they did not disappoint in full coverage. There is very little to no leak in the sides and no frame interference at all. The style is sophisticated and from all angles very cool. I had these at work and several work mates tried them on and everyone looked good in them no matter the facial structure.

The Non polar Plasmachromatic lenses are spectacularly clear and pleasant. It has a nice deep shade to filter light but I noticed no loss of detail in objects. I am really stoked at these lenses! The mechanism to change the lenses is super easy to operate. It is basically a button you push that releases the lens and it comes right out. A major improvement to Radarlock lens changing , and the nose bombs simply click back and forth for adjustment. I will venture to say these reminded me of wearing a Romeo but without the weight of the metal frame. I have zero negatives to give these glasses,and they get 5 stars if I was to rate them as such. Good job @jamin jannard ... Gigs are a winner!!!

Note about the #'ed 50... It is super faint on my polished black. So much so I would not have found it if not for the help of other members on another thread. If you do not see a sku then you have a # and it is in the grey triangle on the black polished. I had to use my camera to see it but it is there.
1689381720814.png

Last edited:
Matte Fuel / Copper Plasmachromatic
1689382229350.png
My first pleasure to arrive is the Fuel Copper Plasmachromatic. The questions have been asked to compare them to business and I will get that out of the way first. The pleasure gives more coverage and less leakage of light and looks flatter when wearing. Again, I am not a flat lens guy so I would need to wear these to get use to the different effect of a flat lens vs 8-9 base curve. Just like the business the Pleasure is super comfortable and very light on the face. No pressure points and no pinches. The Fuel frame though is very visible 360 degrees when looking through them so I recommend the darker frames if you plan to make these a daily wear. Honestly that was the only negative I had with this pair. The lenses are just WOW to look through and detail pops! There is a slight color enhancement but clarity is the charm behind these lenses. I will keep these just because the colorway looks so darn cool but the frame being visible was bothersome to me in a distracting manner. Other than that they are a real winner for the casual wearer and I will reevaluate the frame visibility when my second pair arrives. Be sure to read the review on the Matte Rose / Copper Plasmachromatic below.

Last edited:
@XxRuMKaxX - Thank you for your photos and your reviews. Just ordered my first M_Experiment pair. I am sure it will not be my last.
They are really unique... I won't lie ... the Gigawatt is the one that steals my heart... the way the nose bombs work and the easy button release on the lenses... I can't wait until the Blaze lens comes out so I can put it in the Red frame!!! Congratulations on joining the new revolution in the hobby!

Matte Rose / Copper Plasmachromati

IMG_7776.jpeg

So allot of the attributes mentioned in the Copper Fuel review are the same with this pair except for one major and important difference. Though you can see the rose frame 360 degrees it is much more pleasant to me than the fuel was. I could actually wear these all day and not have an issues with them. The Copper lenses are once again beautiful to look through and I can imagine the Green Algae and blacks and Ozone will all be just as pleasurable (pun intended) as the rose...

All 3 of my Gigawatts that showed up today have the Gray Lens... the big thing to take away from this batch is any color looks good on the head. I love them all! The only one I have not received is the white Polarized which will be my first Polarized lens from M Experiment and my next review will be the difference in detail from Polarized to non Polarized.

IMG_7786.jpeg
IMG_7784.jpeg
IMG_7781.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back