1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheButteryNarwhal

TheButteryNarwhal Oakley Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to block out all white/blue light. Anything that causes inhibition of melatonin production.

I have regular amber tinted lens on some m-frames and they're just not deep enough in color, so I'm having to use these: http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S1933X-Eyewear-SCT-Orange-Anti-Fog/dp/B000USRG90.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone have opinions of if it'd be possible to double up some amber goggle lenses and cut them to size to fit within Eyeshade frames?

Just thought about it, are Eyeshade lenses even removable? I just looking for something with good coverage that won't let light in, if it was possible to double up the lens.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

if you're referring to 'doubling up the lens' as in stacking multiple lenses on top of each other, then I wouldn't advise it unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Aside from the possibility of distorting your vision, you'll get a lot of light reflections/ghosting anomalies that otherwise wouldn't exist with a single lens. eg. single lens causes 1 light flare from a single light source. A stack of 2 lenses creates 4 light flares from a single light source due to the combination of refraction and internal reflections. Go get yourself 2 lenses stacked together and go stare at your ceiling light to see what I mean.
  3. PhadeOut

PhadeOut Oakley Beginner

You definitely do NOT want to double stack your lenses.

I would recommend you see an optometrist about what they can offer you, and if Oakley or otherwise, have a solution that meets your tolerance and coverage.