• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars returning?

I’m trying to figure out what Oakleys new target audience is. I mean it was originally blue collar workers, surfers, casual sports fans and basically Gen X who like a little sci-fi look to their sunglasses. Now it appears to be Scalpers and people who have $2300 laying around to spend on sunglasses every couple months. They also seem to love the people who only set foot in an Oakley store once every 8 years or so for a new prescription.
An acute observation, me thinks, and accurate.

I’m trying to figure out what Oakleys new target audience is. I mean it was originally blue collar workers, surfers, casual sports fans and basically Gen X who like a little sci-fi look to their sunglasses. Now it appears to be Scalpers and people who have $2300 laying around to spend on sunglasses every couple months. They also seem to love the people who only set foot in an Oakley store once every 8 years or so for a new prescription.
Lux are just using Oakley as the vehicle for product hype.

Meanwhile at a Lux Team Building Event....
1696528844856.gif

I just saw a comment from a guy who said he recently went to One Icon and an employee told him that there would only be 23 units, would that be true?