• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Dealing With The 'Oakley Gang'...

Ah my bad, I was making an assumption where it took place from your location on your profile. I was hoping it was in a small town, and there would be a greater chance of them getting caught.

Loganville is fairly small, but the birthday party was in the Lawrenceville/Duluth area closer to a mall and I-85. That particular part of Gwinnett County has had an ongoing gang problem for some time now, and there seems to be no shortage of thugs in souped-up Hondas and Acuras - all of this according to the officer that filled out my report...

Darn, I was hoping it happened in Loganville since I live near where it actually happened.

Brunswick bowling alley at Hwy. 29 and Pleasant Hill if you know the place...

Call to arms, forum members!

[Scene opens, back alley of Brunswicks. Ralph, wearing his new, replacement Juliets, is enjoying a smoke. Up walks the "Oakley Gang", now wearing THREE x-metals...]

Gang Leader: "You again... well, you know the drill. I'll take the shades and the wallet. Don't make us take them."

[Out of the shadows step 20 forum members, wearing x-metals... and carrying clubs. Spiked clubs.]

Ralph: "I think instead I'll take your shades..."

[The "gang" nervously hands them over.]

Ralph: "...and a pound of flesh."

[Forum members circle around and begin closing in. Scene fades to the sound of thumps and screams...]

[Scene opens, back alley of Brunswicks. Ralph, wearing his new, replacement Juliets, is enjoying a smoke. Up walks the "Oakley Gang", now wearing THREE x-metals...]

Gang Leader: "You again... well, you know the drill. I'll take the shades and the wallet. Don't make us take them."

[Out of the shadows step 20 forum members, wearing x-metals... and carrying clubs. Spiked clubs.]

[Forum members circle around and begin closing in. Scene fades to the sound of thumps and screams...]
There was a man on fire... and I killed a guy with a trident.

anchorman_fight.jpg

I realize that sunglasses are just objects and can be replaced. I just don't know if I would have made the right decision in just handing them over and keeping myself intact. I had a similar situation happen to me 3 years ago. I was out with my dog, fishing at Peebles Island State Park. The island is surrounded by the joining of the Mohawk and Hudson river. The backside has a wide but small waterfall area known locally as the horseshoe.
Anyways, I'm standing on the falls fishing the horseshoe, when a group of five young men (maybe freshmen college age) approach me from my blindside and pass by me to swim right where I'm fishing. (Their leader?) says, "were going to be swimming here, hope you don't mind" So I reply "Do you mind man, you have the entire river to do that, could you guys go elsewhere?" the leader replies "are you getting long with me? I'm about ready to knock you out"
Before I could even think things through, I very coldly and matter of factly reply,"If you are feeling man enough, take a swing and we will see what happens"
In my head, I was ****ting myself at this point. I'm big guy, but against 5, odds are not good. Lucky for me though, I must have scared their leader because
my bluff worked and after a few more choice words said under their breath, they left me and my dog to get back to fishing.
In retrospect, very dumb move, but its just a huge pet peave of mine that you don't infringe on a mans staked out fishing spot.

Latest Posts

Back