• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley In The Family

My family is contractually obligated to wear nothing but Oakley! Seriously, I'm a lawyer, it's iron clad! Ha!

Well i've got them. My wife has several pairs as does my eldest son. My youngest son has a pair that he bought himself at 13yrs old. I've just got my brother in law to buy some Livestrong Radars for his cycling & i've just sorted out some Tortoise Hijinx out for my sister in law too. Got my mate to buy some Hatchet when on holiday in the USA some years back & my other brother in law has a set of Munite 2.0. So I don't think i've done too bad with that.......

My brother once had a pair of ray-bans. And actually he was looking to get some polarized glasses, and because of my O-fanatism he asked me if he could borrow a pair to try on. And since that day he has never worn any Ray-Bans anymore. He also says, once you have worn a pair of O's there's simply no way back.
My sister has never had anything other than O. And my mother also has quite some pairs :) Mainly because of my fanatism, because whenever they wanted to get a pair of glasses they felt they couldn't buy anything else than the O, as I would simply not be able to cope with it. Hahaha...

For the friends and family that complain about the price - wait for a pair to come up on the exchange section and buy them to sell to the nay-sayers.

I picked up a couple pairs for $25 and 35 on here that I resold to co workers that used junk glasses and they are blown away with their new budget Oakleys.

I've converted pretty much everyone in my nearest family. Mom, dad, sister, brother and girlfriend. We all have Oakleys. Brother is slowly starting to collect as well - I help him along though, because he's not really allowed to buy them himself. Makes it easy for me to get him presents for his birthday and Xmas though. My mother is still hanging on to a pair of Tommy Hilfiger pair - such a shame, when she rocks the grenade fade frogskins !!

I'm looking for a good budget pair for my best friend, he won't wear anything too flashy or aggressive so it has to be a perfect fit. He is currently wearing some garbage frames he got while at Disneyland. Every time he comes over and I see Walt Disney on the left lens I shed a tear. I may have to just give him one of my Square Whisker and be done with it.

My mom was rocking a pair of my original Razor Blades... Till she broke them :sad:

My dad is in Afghanistan and was complaining about sand blowing in his eyes... I sent him a Ballistic Goggle set to fit over his glasses.

Other than that... It's just me.

Oh yeah... My brother had a few pairs but is always losing em. Now he just buys junk glasses.

I gave my dad my pair of Bottlecap shades about a year ago. He loves them, but won't buy any others on his own, he says he has better things to spend money on. I convinced my mom last summer to buy a pair of polarized fives squared, and she likes them just fine but won't get any more citing the same reason as my dad. My parents are prudish haha. My sister feels kinda left out now though, so I imagine she'll be buying a pair pretty soon.

Back