• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Type O program - *update* now shutting down

I think a little perspective may be in order...

Obviously it's best when things work like they're supposed to, and responses are appropriate, but we all know this isn't a perfect world; **** happens.

Realize this is a loyalty program that was first launched in a limited-area Beta just eight months ago. Kinks are apparently still being ironed out. But the key point is it's just a loyalty program - your purchases earn points which unlock rewards. The points have no value - you can't trade them in for anything, they don't earn you any discounts. And the rewards unlocked so far have been pretty sparse, all things considered.

Look at the other Oakley problems people have been having lately - inconsistent stocking/backordered info, cancelled orders, inability to complete transactions, messed up F&F codes. And then there's the whole shady 60% coupon fiasco, and the fallout since...

IMO those are the sort of things worth priority - they affect one's access to product and the price paid for it; it impacts your wallet. This loyalty program does not.

"Type O" didn't even exist this time last year. I'm thankful they're even doing a loyalty program at all; they don't have to. But overall it's really been more like a game, how many points can you collect. The only tangible, physical benefits I've received are a free cleaning kit and a print which, though cool, is nowhere as cool as the limited ones they sold last year, and comes in a non-standard size which can cost a pretty penny to frame...

Really, though I always follow up to ensure my points are updated appropriately, I don't let the lack of a timely response bother me. This really isn't worth it to me to get all worked up about; picking my battles, there are other more important things about which to make a stand...

I am very thankful that Oakley has developed this program for loyal members such as ourselves. I'm sorry if you took my email as me getting 'worked up', I certainly will be OK tomorrow morning if I never got my points, blah, blah.

I wasn't trying to take a stand..really a stand :) :)?, I am a business person, and to me this is about simple business principle, that's all. Why roll something out half-A**?....

I am very thankful that Oakley has developed this program for loyal members such as ourselves. I'm sorry if you took my email as me getting 'worked up', I certainly will be OK tomorrow morning if I never got my points, blah, blah.

I wasn't trying to take a stand..really a stand :) :)?, I am a business person, and to me this is about simple business principle, that's all. Why roll something out half-A**?....
Get my PM?

Kind of funny. I spent thousands since joining in march. Got free wallpapers, and a free sunglass cleaning. Not complaining, because they really dont have to offer anything, just think its funny.

Kind of funny. I spent thousands since joining in march. Got free wallpapers, and a free sunglass cleaning. Not complaining, because they really dont have to offer anything, just think its funny.
I've yet to take advantage of the free cleaning, I guess I will when I go Atlanta at the end of the month lol

Back