1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 7ender

7ender Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,
    I recently got my first pair of oakleys- some matte black holbrooks with polarized grey lenses. However, I noticed that the arms are not quite even. In other words, one arm goes out further than the other. I am curious if this is a common occurance, as this really seems to bother me because it causes one of the lenses to lightly hit my eyelash.

I am considering sending them back and requesting a new pair as i got them from amazon and they are usually good with returns. What do you guys think? Maybe im being too picky, but if im paying 160$ for some sunglasses I expect them to not have these sorts of issues.

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

I would send them back. Out of 19 pairs of oakleys none of mine are like that.

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have heard of crooked and uneven, but never one sticking out further then the other....wtf. Post up some pics, so we can have a look. Also if you want to remove the arms and measure them do that also.....

4. CrAzY

CrAzY Oakley Beginner

x2

Also, one thing I might consider is finding a local shop that has a few pairs and checking them out just to compare. But it sounds like something is not right; Like xmetalmaniac said, share some pics =)

5. 7ender

7ender Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys. I think you guys are imagining the problem to be bigger than it is- the things are probably only a few millimeters different, not easily visible in a picture. It's just enough to be noticeable by eye and feelable while wearing.

And to clarify- the arms are not different lengths, one side simply opens further than the other.

Thanks though, I think i'll be sending them back.

6. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

The only Holbrook I have is the Max Fear Light & that is fine. The onlt glass I have ever noticed a problem with the arms is the Frogskin & this appears to be an issue with them across their range.
    If they don't feel right when on then there is something wrong. You would be right in sending them back.

7. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

All of my Holbrooks are fine, and I have about 10 pair. You should see about swapping them for another pair. I do have a pair of X-Squared that have crooked earstems...but that's the only one I've ever encountered.

8. jmagic

jmagic Oakley Beginner

i got 2 pairs of holbrooks, and they don't appear to be uneven at all, but if you open them up and lay them down, they do not lay completely flat (almost flat, but not completely). i assumed this was normal...