• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys Have Crooked/uneven Arms

7ender

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,
I recently got my first pair of oakleys- some matte black holbrooks with polarized grey lenses. However, I noticed that the arms are not quite even. In other words, one arm goes out further than the other. I am curious if this is a common occurance, as this really seems to bother me because it causes one of the lenses to lightly hit my eyelash.

I am considering sending them back and requesting a new pair as i got them from amazon and they are usually good with returns. What do you guys think? Maybe im being too picky, but if im paying 160$ for some sunglasses I expect them to not have these sorts of issues.

Thanks!

I have heard of crooked and uneven, but never one sticking out further then the other....wtf. Post up some pics, so we can have a look. Also if you want to remove the arms and measure them do that also.....

Thanks guys. I think you guys are imagining the problem to be bigger than it is- the things are probably only a few millimeters different, not easily visible in a picture. It's just enough to be noticeable by eye and feelable while wearing.

And to clarify- the arms are not different lengths, one side simply opens further than the other.

Thanks though, I think i'll be sending them back.

Thanks guys. I think you guys are imagining the problem to be bigger than it is- the things are probably only a few millimeters different, not easily visible in a picture. It's just enough to be noticeable by eye and feelable while wearing.

And to clarify- the arms are not different lengths, one side simply opens further than the other.

Thanks though, I think i'll be sending them back.

The only Holbrook I have is the Max Fear Light & that is fine. The onlt glass I have ever noticed a problem with the arms is the Frogskin & this appears to be an issue with them across their range.
If they don't feel right when on then there is something wrong. You would be right in sending them back.

All of my Holbrooks are fine, and I have about 10 pair. You should see about swapping them for another pair. I do have a pair of X-Squared that have crooked earstems...but that's the only one I've ever encountered.

i got 2 pairs of holbrooks, and they don't appear to be uneven at all, but if you open them up and lay them down, they do not lay completely flat (almost flat, but not completely). i assumed this was normal...

Back