• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I was hoping someone here could confirm these Pitbull's are legit. Nothing is jumping out at me screaming fake but I'll defer to the experts.
I'm looking to grab some and have my optometrist fit some prescription lenses.

_575.jpg
_57.jpg
Looks legit to me

Ok guys dont want to make a possible $300 mistake but looking for my 1st metal and found these..NOTHING BUT GLASSES..said the lenses are scratched but " wearable..he also stated he bought em 05.. Are they real? Whats a fair obo price? Thanks guys
00A0A_eMBF7WmOShm_600x450.jpg
00p0p_gdNzl4xvd7f_600x450.jpg

Ok guys dont want to make a possible $300 mistake but looking for my 1st metal and found these..NOTHING BUT GLASSES..said the lenses are scratched but " wearable..he also stated he bought em 05.. Are they real? Whats a fair obo price? Thanks guysView attachment 124650 View attachment 124650 View attachment 124651

They're real. Unboxed and with scratched lenses, $300 is a little high for fair. You should also consider how tight or loose the nosebridge is, because a tuneup costs $$, too. $200 - $250.

EDIT - oh yeah there's the condition of the rubbers, too, if they're good or need to be replaced...

They're real. Unboxed and with scratched lenses, $300 is a little high for fair. You should also consider how tight or loose the nosebridge is, because a tuneup costs $$, too. $200 - $250.
Thanks for the info!.. That was my next question for him but want to make sure they were legit first..are the lenses the same base curve as say tacos or eyepatch? For donors

Ok guys dont want to make a possible $300 mistake but looking for my 1st metal and found these..NOTHING BUT GLASSES..said the lenses are scratched but " wearable..he also stated he bought em 05.. Are they real? Whats a fair obo price? Thanks guysView attachment 124650 View attachment 124651

+1 they look real but I think the price is a bit on the high side when you factor in $60-80 for replacement lenses and possibly another $40-50 for a tune up that's taking the price up to over $400 and there are brand new in the box pairs in the exchange at the moment for cheaper than that

Thanks for the info!.. That was my next question for him but want to make sure they were legit first..are the lenses the same base curve as say tacos or eyepatch? For donors

I edited my earlier post but you may have missed it - you also need to consider the condition of the rubbers, if they're good or need to be replaced. But overall the frame appears sound, and that's the most important part.

Yes, Big Taco are popular donors for Juliet custom cuts, come in a lot of colors...

EDIT - oh yeah there's the condition of the rubbers, too, if they're good or need to be replaced...

Follow @kronin323 guidance. I will tell you I have NEVER gotten a pair, where the seller said even LIGHT Marks or scratches, and the lenses are wearable. I would be willing to bet the lenses are horrible. Most people think scratches are no issue and you can wear them. Oakley Forum members think totally different. If there is anything marring the view, we almost scrap the lenses. Get new ones or custom ones to replace them. So, never trust anyone saying they are wearable. Ask them if the lenses are not wearable, what price refund will they give. It is all subjectable to the wearer. Your opinion, or my opinion, or his opinion I promise you that they are different and we all would react differently to the purchase due to it. He wants the most he can get out of them, so of course they will be wearable. Just remember this and move forward. If you use PayPal, and pay the 3% fee, you will be protected against anything. So get them as cheap as poss. (remember, rubbers likely need replacing ($20 at least), and the nose I bet needs to be tightened ($50). So use that to get price down.

Latest Posts

Back