• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Olympic Frogskins

I was in the London flagship Oakley store today and asked them about this. They have no idea on a release date and also no idea if they will actually stock them, and I spoke directly to the manager this time. He said at best Oakley give them 1-2 days notice. The manager was actually complaining to me about how the flagship store gets stock months after other retailers. I think it's a rather bizarre way for Oakley HQ to treat their flaghsip UK store. No wonder I was the only person in the store at lunchtime in Covent Garden, which is a tourist and shopper mecca. I had three sales assistants all desperate to try and help me they were so bored.
Sadly it is the same story at the Market Street O store in San Francisco. You'd think being in the same state as Oakley would have benefits, but you'd be mistaken. They also get like two days notice on shipments, and no definite dates on releases. :sad:

I was in the London flagship Oakley store today and asked them about this. They have no idea on a release date and also no idea if they will actually stock them, and I spoke directly to the manager this time. He said at best Oakley give them 1-2 days notice. The manager was actually complaining to me about how the flagship store gets stock months after other retailers. I think it's a rather bizarre way for Oakley HQ to treat their flaghsip UK store. No wonder I was the only person in the store at lunchtime in Covent Garden, which is a tourist and shopper mecca. I had three sales assistants all desperate to try and help me they were so bored.
Went there about a month ago, nothing too special on the ground floor. Went upstairs and immediately 2 items caught my attention. The over the top blade 2 edition and the oakley medusa...sadly they were not for sale. The sales man offered me the C-Six aluminum instead (2 in stock) and the FMJ watch (not even in my dreams lolz).

To stay in topic...those Olympic frogskins rock! :dance3:

Covent Garden have the GB ones in stock. I spoke to them yesterday, they've had them a while now. Ordered mine & they should be with me towards the end of the week. I asked about the Old Glory ones but they did not know if they were getting them in. I was told to call them again in about 3 weeks.

I cant wait until Old Glory gets arrives! Based on your info Sight, it sounds like they could possibly arrive just in time for the Independence Day in the US on July 4th! So stoked!!!

Covent Garden have the GB ones in stock. I spoke to them yesterday, they've had them a while now. Ordered mine & they should be with me towards the end of the week. I asked about the Old Glory ones but they did not know if they were getting them in. I was told to call them again in about 3 weeks.
any chance you gonna stock up the Union Jacks? im interested

I might be able to get to convent garden this week. Would these be a good pair to start a frogs collection with?

Hi, pardon me asking. How did you order the union jack with the covent store? Did u have to just call them, provide yr credit card or went down to the store personally to pay cash? They do shipping locally in the uk?

Well I popped into convent garden on my way home and these are too rich for me. £175! I'm out I'm afraid.

Back