• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People's reactions to your glasses

I've got 3 (yes THREE) pairs of oakleys. When I rock red racing jackets I've got no attention. My second pair is white frame with frubys and those get some looks but no comments. Fortunately one of my 3 pairs are the OTTs and those catch some attention while biking. I usually see it last second while passing people. Once I stopped with my friend to buy some ice cream and the girl behind the counter literally laughed me straight into my face which I thought was a bit weak given the fact that I'm the client and basically the one who feeds her :D Funny thing is that when I wore them rocking the city by foot, entering shops, mall etc I got absolutely NOTHING. I was walking into stores into McD's and no reaction at all. It didn't look like people were ignoring me, rather like I had nothing on my face hehehe. I only got laughs behind my back from a group of girls but it's nothing new that a female herd is giggling when they don't know what to do :D

@rzurzel I loved those pics of you on the street with your OTTs on a while ago! Outstanding!

And when I get a pair I will post similar pics! Well done!
That was the exact day I was referring to in the story above :D My wife got out of home with her teeth clenched afraid that she would have to take all the looks asking "who is this moron that's walking next to you?" but she end up rocking them in McD eating ice cream lol

Now this thread has successfully survived its hibernation period and emerged blinking into the sunshine, I should update my initial response (which was from, like, 4 years ago).

These days, now I am enjoying the Madman frames (I know, right? Who'd have placed a bet on that happening?), I've been deliberately wearing them on the occasions that I pick up or drop off my 5 year old child at school - just to see what happens in terms of reactions.

I can now conclusively reveal my findings.

1) Kids don't care. But parents will look.
and
2) Judging by the amount of aghast expressions and wrinkled noses, not many people approve of the Madman.

As a side note, it seems that if you want to guarantee attracting a wide range of shocked/amazed/appalled/etc looks, you guys have been going to the wrong places.

You need to hang around a schoolyard.

No. Hold on. That doesn't sound right . . . .

:lol:

Now this thread has successfully survived its hibernation period and emerged blinking into the sunshine, I should update my initial response (which was from, like, 4 years ago).

These days, now I am enjoying the Madman frames (I know, right? Who'd have placed a bet on that happening?), I've been deliberately wearing them on the occasions that I pick up or drop off my 5 year old child at school - just to see what happens in terms of reactions.

I can now conclusively reveal my findings.

1) Kids don't care. But parents will look.
and
2) Judging by the amount of aghast expressions and wrinkled noses, not many people approve of the Madman.

As a side note, it seems that if you want to guarantee attracting a wide range of shocked/amazed/appalled/etc looks, you guys have been going to the wrong places.

You need to hang around a schoolyard.

No. Hold on. That doesn't sound right . . . .

:lol:
:rofl:

:car:

Back