• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll: What was the turnaround time on your x metal customization?

How long was your turn around time on your customization?

• 1-3 months

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 6-9+ months

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Never

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm getting an oil change and the mechanic is all booked up for a year and I need my car I'm more than likely going to go somewhere else to get my oil change as I don't like my stuff sitting around collecting dust when I could be enjoying it. Also 9/10 times there multiple mechanics that can possibly do the same line of work, possibly better or faster. And I have never been asked to pay up front or partial for any work.

At the end of the day you work hard for your money and you are a customer... the mechanics goal should be to make you happy to have you come back for more work.

A couple years ago I saw a completed pair of Oakleys for sale on Dr. Chop's website. I ordered them, and the transaction went smoothly.
Later, when I wanted a pair of Oakleys customized, I was planning on sending them to the X-Man, but no matter how many times I filled out the Contact form on his website, he never contacted me. That's when I remembered the smooth transaction I had with Dr. Chop earlier, and I decided to order my custom Oakleys from him.
When I placed my order, Dr. Chop told me I was in luck -- he was doing a batch of frames next week, so my frames would be among them.
Then everything went dark. I didn't receive the completed frames, and I could not elicit any status updates from Dr. Chop.
Around the 6-month mark, I got email from Dr. Chop telling me the frames would be done in two days. That was the last communication I received from Dr. Chop.
Around the 8-month mark, I tried to contact Dr. Chop to cancel the order. Dr. Chop never replied.
The following week, I received the completed frames.

@SMman my experice when he was taking my order/money was plesent and professional but it was all down hill after that. He put me on blast via Facebook (rants alot on facebook) for asking for a status update because like you I needed 1 of the pair in time they where supposed to be a gift to my bestfriend/marine before he deployed. Was told to use the "correct channels" but the "correct channels" on his website dont work/website issue. I tried to tell him that but got called a lair & incompetent. If an when I get these jobs back never again.
Everything you are describing is very common and well-known. Happened to me as well (including the part where he does work for his buddies/cronies before yours even if you sent them well before). Great work, but took months with no updates, then lies about when updates would be provided, then I was scolded and told it was my fault. Despite the quality of the work, I will not use this source again due to incredibly lengthy delays and poor service.

I've never bought anything from Chop... If I ever buy something, it would be one of the finished items on the site. I hate stuff that takes indefinite amounts of time. The anticipation would kill me. That being said, he says there is no time-frame for your product to be finished... definitely not my cup of tea. His work is awesome, but the alternation between radio silence and angst just doesn't set well with me.

I've heard from some who gushed about his work and have had zero problems with him too... some are friends and repeat customers and some have read through the disclaimer and they rolled with it.

You see and hear all on Facebook.

Sent from Q's Note5

I've never bought anything from Chop... If I ever buy something, it would be one of the finished items on the site. I hate stuff that takes indefinite amounts of time. The anticipation would kill me. That being said, he says there is no time-frame for your product to be finished... definitely not my cup of tea. His work is awesome, but the alternation between radio silence and angst just doesn't set well with me.

I've heard from some who gushed about his work and have had zero problems with him too... some are friends and repeat customers and some have read through the disclaimer and they rolled with it.

Sent from Q's Note5
I concur(on most) I would not buy just to spite after all the stories....plus his work is not 'awesome' enough to put up with that BullShit.

Sent from Q's Note5
You'll never find me on Facebook. Screw THAT ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back