• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Deal For Romeo 2. Go For It?

Where did you find this deal? No pics and an incorrect description are a recipe for disaster.

On the good 'ol interwebs which is exactly why I'm trying do my homework. Not a snowflake's chance in el inferno I'd do a PayPal/ship transaction under such circumstances.

Carbon often gets referred to as black but if they are NIB the original lenses would not be polarized. If they are NIB and polarized that only leaves X Metal. I would make the drive, if not X Metal polarized make a lower offer. For reference I recently purchased a New carbon BI (not polarized) no box or coin for $160.

Thank you for your post! Definitely helpful. That's exactly my rationale that if they are polarized and NIB then they must be the sweet X-metals. The reference price will be useful if it turns out they're not, considering he was "firm" on 300 (jeez that'd be such a letdown tho :-/). I'll be sure to report the outcome & post pics if I do make the drive & don't return empty handed

Update:

So I got the guy to snap a picture with his phone & text it to me.
imagejpeg_2_5_zpsfd610d49.jpg

I still couldn't tell if they were the X-metals or not so I asked specifically if the word "POLARIZED" was etched on the left lense. Long story short: they were NOT the X-metals (he even tried to say that only the Juliets were as I described...hahaha). Saved myself a pointless trip :)

Update:

So I got the guy to snap a picture with his phone & text it to me.
imagejpeg_2_5_zpsfd610d49.jpg

I still couldn't tell if they were the X-metals or not so I asked specifically if the word "POLARIZED" was etched on the left lense. Long story short: they were NOT the X-metals (he even tried to say that only the Juliets were as I described...hahaha). Saved myself a pointless trip :)

At least he finally took a picture for you which did save you the trip.

:thumb: